Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I in the wrong? long but im going to try to make it short.

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok...every other day I go and check on my mom. Something I try and do ever since she got in a car accident. So yesterday since it was a holiday and my kids were off from school. I went a bit earlier than usual and I took my kids and puppy. So I got there and I got her I really don't want you here kind of welcome. But I go in anyway to help her vacuum, take out the trash and do the dishes. So then my 3 yr. old asked me if she can get some chips. I said no cause I had lunch ready at home and her and the boys were still getting over the stomach flu. So my mom said to me "to hell with you! Im grandma and im giving them chips". I asked her not to give them chips cause they're stomachs are still sensitive (plus what genious gives kids chips when they are getting over the flu?). She gave it to them anyway!! Then my stepdad asked me." Are you going to lunch with us and your sisters? ". I said no cause I didn't know about it and well I wasn't invited. Yeah I'll admit I was kind of hurt but oh well. Anyway, I also said that I had my dog with me and I couldn't take him in with us. So my mother says "Just leave him in the car!". I was shocked. I wouldn't leave my puppy alone in the car. So as im doing her chores for her. One of my sister's arrives. She asked me If I was going I said no. Then my mother goes off on me saying how crazy I am for not leaving my dog in the car and how selfish and rude I am for not letting her spoil the kids! But I mean she went off like a firecracker. Then she told my sister that I screamed at her when I said no chips! My sister ofcourse was about to go off on me. When my step dad told my mother to shut her mouth and that she was lying. But by then I was fuming! So I ledt her dishes soaking, grabbed my kids, my dog and turned around and said. "My kids are mine and only mine. When it comes to them. What I say goes and that whole Im grandma line does not work with me!". I then got my babies and went back home. Then she has the nerve to text me...please join us for lunch. I replied with...No thank you. Now today. She told me brother the little lie she tried to tell my sister yesterday. Im like really mom!?! Now you ladies tell me. Am I in the wrong?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:00 AM

no. I'd be livid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM

It doesn't sound like you were in the wrong. You told your children no on something, and grandma undermined you.

Is this type of behavior new? I noticed you said she was in a car accident recently. Unless she's always been someone who often has outbursts like this, you might want to have her visit a doctor as there could be something more going on.

Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I wish I could tell you this isn't normal. But my mother is a habitual liar and dramatic. So it's pretty much normal of her.

Quoting Anonymous:

It doesn't sound like you were in the wrong. You told your children no on something, and grandma undermined you.

Is this type of behavior new? I noticed you said she was in a car accident recently. Unless she's always been someone who often has outbursts like this, you might want to have her visit a doctor as there could be something more going on.

kelly617
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:17 AM

No
Why on earth would you be over there doing her dishes when she has at least 2 other able bodied people (her husband and your sister) to do it...if she's gonna treat you like crap just stay home. Obviously she's not thankful for you help so to hell with her

Momof3smoochies
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:22 AM
No my sister doesn't live with her. She was just over to go out to lunch and my step dad works out on rhe road often. I know I should've just left but it's a force of habit.

Quoting kelly617:

No
Why on earth would you be over there doing her dishes when she has at least 2 other able bodied people (her husband and your sister) to do it...if she's gonna treat you like crap just stay home. Obviously she's not thankful for you help so to hell with her

kelly617
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I wouldn't go back...if your sister is that close to your mom that SHE got invited to lunch...SHE can help her out
You don't deserve to be treated like that...she SHOULD have been saying "thank you honey" instead of "bitch bitch bitch"

Quoting Momof3smoochies:

No my sister doesn't live with her. She was just over to go out to lunch and my step dad works out on rhe road often. I know I should've just left but it's a force of habit.

Quoting kelly617:

No

BabyFetus Ticker

mamabear1994
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM

You are being a wonderful daughter.  Help her in little ways when you can.  In the long run you are the better person.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:15 PM
No you aren't wrong.
I would have been incredibly upset over everyone being invited to lunch but you... and then the only reason they asked was out of obligation and akwardness.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)