Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who got epidurals

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Why? I mean, why beyond the fact that it hurt?

I knew I would have a drug free birth before I ever got pregnant with ds but after going through the childbirth and being presented the information on edipurals it just left wondering why anyone would ever want one.

Why would you try so hard to keep your unborn baby healthy for 9 months, only to pump him full of narcotics at the last minute? And then all of the other meds that have to be pumped into your system because of the epidural...it causes labor to slow down so they give you pitocin, it causes your blood pressure to drop so they give you blood pressure meds. And all of it goes to your tiny little baby.

Then there's the side effects. It's possible to end up with horrible headaches for years, muscle and nerve damage, paralysis...the list goes on. And you can't feel what you're doing while you push so aren't you more likely to do some damage?

Honestly not trying to bash here but it just confuses me why anyone would do this. Once again, I know the obvious answer is "because it hurts" but my question is why is not worth it to be in temporary pain when there are so many risks associated with the alternative?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Replies (671-672):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 133 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Because I was in pain. Unfortunately, I got WAY too much and I went into shock. Plummeting bp, convulsions, and then I blacked out. I was so numb after they got my stabilized that i couldn't even push. Well, I thought I was, but couldn't feel anything. I had to wait until it had worn almost completely off before I could push. I also stopped contracting after getting the epidural, so I had to get pitocin. Fun stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 134 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM
I had 3 kids in less than 3 years and 3 epidurals and guess what...no problems! My contractions alone were unbearable...the epidural made me have pain free births!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN