Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Something just doesn't feel right *Update*

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM
  • 141 Replies
1 mom liked this
My dh was acting flirty all day today sending me cute texts and calling me on his breaks at work, so I naturally assumed tonight he'd be wanting some lovin' after the kids went to bed. He even continued his flirting when he got home from work. Well, the kids' bedtime is 7:30 and he goes to the gym every night from 7-9 (the gym closes at 9). Tonight we got behind schedule and we didn't finish with dinner until about 7:15. I asked if he could help me get the kids ready for bed, but he acted like he was flustered and HAD to get to the gym or he wasn't going to get his full workout in. Okay, weird, but whatever. So, I get the kids to bed and I sit down to relax and figure he'll be home soon. Come 9:25 he's not home yet (mind you we live 3 minutes from the gym). I texted him...no response. I waited about 10 minutes and called him...no answer. By 9:45 I'm getting really worried that something terrible has happened and I start frantically calling him. At this point I'm crying. He finally answers. I ask "Where are you??" And he says very calmly "almost home. I'll be there in a minute." I said "the gym closed 45 minutes ago. Where have you been?" Him "oh, since I was running late I decided to try out the new 24 hour gym so I didn't have to rush" me (still crying) "why didn't you let me know? I was worried sick!! I've been texting and calling for 20 minutes with no response. I thought something awful happened." Him: *laughs* "you worry too much. I'm home now. See you inside.".

He comes in and grabs a water, sits down on the couch and turns on one of his shows. I'm just staring at him like "are you serious?!?" He then tries to make casual, silly conversation about his show. I just glared at him and ignored him. I assumed that since he was flirty earlier today then he would eventually turn his show off and talk to me, but no...he fell asleep on the couch. Now I'm just sitting here wondering what's going on. Something doesn't feel right and I want to cry.

*UPDATE*
I talked to him. I know a lot of you said not to, but I really just felt like I needed to. I'm glad I did. He assured me that he really was at the gym last night and he apparently even met a friend up there (male) and he showed me their texts from last night talking about meeting at the gym. He left his phone in his truck, so that's why he wasn't answering my calls or texts. When he got home he was exhausted and fell asleep. He apologized profusely for worrying me and for dismissing me when I was visibly upset and swore it would never happen again. He said he was just in a silly mood and wasn't taking me seriously. He said that if it would make me feel better he would change what time he goes to the gym and we can start going together. I honestly feel so much better now. Thank you ladies for your advice. I'm still going to be keeping a little better watch on his whereabouts from now on, but as of now I believe him :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I would feel the same...Only because I watched my own dad do the same thing! He was getting his kicks off another woman then flirting with my mom like that. 

:/

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM
7 moms liked this

Sounds like he's getting a different kind of workout.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:07 AM
11 moms liked this

You need to go to bed and talk with him about it tomorrow.  No good will come from discussing this on CM. 

DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:07 AM
:( That's what I'm worried about. I'm not the suspicious type, but this seems...off.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would feel the same...Only because I watched my own dad do the same thing! He was getting his kicks off another woman then flirting with my mom like that. 

:/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I just needed to vent and I can't tell my sister or bf this because I know how they are and they'd be calling him. I'm going to talk to him tomorrow though.

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to go to bed and talk with him about it tomorrow.  No good will come from discussing this on CM. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:09 AM
:(

Quoting wkukid:

Sounds like he's getting a different kind of workout.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2BRBgirlz
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM
3 moms liked this

If this is a one time thing, it could be nothing.  I would wait a see if there is any kind of new patterns emerging in his behavior.

The.Hug.Life
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd be suspicious. Not enough to do any snooping, but enough that I'd keep my eyes a bit more open.

jacandjay
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Totally sounds like my ex husband who was ALWAYS going to the gym but never had any difference in his body or weight soooo along with that and several other clues i kinda figured it out and well thats why hes an ex
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heartnhidin
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Hugs. 7-9 is a long work out especially if you have kids at home. Idk I would have a serious talk with him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)