Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Something just doesn't feel right *Update*

Posted by   + Show Post
My dh was acting flirty all day today sending me cute texts and calling me on his breaks at work, so I naturally assumed tonight he'd be wanting some lovin' after the kids went to bed. He even continued his flirting when he got home from work. Well, the kids' bedtime is 7:30 and he goes to the gym every night from 7-9 (the gym closes at 9). Tonight we got behind schedule and we didn't finish with dinner until about 7:15. I asked if he could help me get the kids ready for bed, but he acted like he was flustered and HAD to get to the gym or he wasn't going to get his full workout in. Okay, weird, but whatever. So, I get the kids to bed and I sit down to relax and figure he'll be home soon. Come 9:25 he's not home yet (mind you we live 3 minutes from the gym). I texted him...no response. I waited about 10 minutes and called him...no answer. By 9:45 I'm getting really worried that something terrible has happened and I start frantically calling him. At this point I'm crying. He finally answers. I ask "Where are you??" And he says very calmly "almost home. I'll be there in a minute." I said "the gym closed 45 minutes ago. Where have you been?" Him "oh, since I was running late I decided to try out the new 24 hour gym so I didn't have to rush" me (still crying) "why didn't you let me know? I was worried sick!! I've been texting and calling for 20 minutes with no response. I thought something awful happened." Him: *laughs* "you worry too much. I'm home now. See you inside.".

He comes in and grabs a water, sits down on the couch and turns on one of his shows. I'm just staring at him like "are you serious?!?" He then tries to make casual, silly conversation about his show. I just glared at him and ignored him. I assumed that since he was flirty earlier today then he would eventually turn his show off and talk to me, but no...he fell asleep on the couch. Now I'm just sitting here wondering what's going on. Something doesn't feel right and I want to cry.

*UPDATE*
I talked to him. I know a lot of you said not to, but I really just felt like I needed to. I'm glad I did. He assured me that he really was at the gym last night and he apparently even met a friend up there (male) and he showed me their texts from last night talking about meeting at the gym. He left his phone in his truck, so that's why he wasn't answering my calls or texts. When he got home he was exhausted and fell asleep. He apologized profusely for worrying me and for dismissing me when I was visibly upset and swore it would never happen again. He said he was just in a silly mood and wasn't taking me seriously. He said that if it would make me feel better he would change what time he goes to the gym and we can start going together. I honestly feel so much better now. Thank you ladies for your advice. I'm still going to be keeping a little better watch on his whereabouts from now on, but as of now I believe him :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Replies (141-141):
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Bump for update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)