Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have no pride, and I'm too needy for friends

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
So, yeah. That's basically what your text told me, especially since I haven't gotten a response now.

I just found out that someone I thought was a great friend for years, deleted me off fb (I know, horror horror) and out of his phone book. Apparently I only talk to him when I need help, which apparently means I have no pride. Okay, so I understand your comment on it, and I tried to just "talk" to him. Try and catch up. And now suddenly he's not talking to me again.

I hate people telling me thins like this. My initial reaction is "fuck you then".
Then I stop and think about it, and figure out if they're right or not. Well, he was. Most every time I talked to him the past couple years was because I needed help moving. Well, I'm sorry. I won't ask for help again. Simple. Guess trying to talk to him and have a normal conversation isn't good enough. *shrugs* I honestly don't even know that I care at this point. I'm tired of the negativity in my life. And someone wanting to point out a major flaw and then have zero interest in anything after that, I think is a negative person in my life. I just don't know anymore.

Now that I think about, the past 2 -3 times that I've actually gotten ahold of him, was an invite to a baby shower, and bday parties. Any party I or dh host, we ALWAYS tell people the only gifts we want is them showing up and having a good time.

Does it make a difference that's he's drunk ATM? Probably not.

Thanks for reading, if you made it all the way thru.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:25 AM
I think it's ironic that there's no comments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Funny too, in a way
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:25 AM

You sound like a mooch, he probably feels better breaking off the friendship.

beco8627
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Ok
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:29 AM
How do i sound like a mooch? I dont talk to everyone everyday. As I said, past 2-3 times I was able to get ahold of him, note, that I was ABLE to, he's an EMT, I never know when he's working, was to invite him to a baby shower and birthday parties. I throw a party, I don't ask anyone to bring anything except for themselves. Or maybe a swimsuit

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:34 AM
These are parties where ppl feel obligated to bring gifts.

You've also only talked to him when you need help.

Sorry I'd eventually cut ties with you too.

Quoting Anonymous:

How do i sound like a mooch? I dont talk to everyone everyday. As I said, past 2-3 times I was able to get ahold of him, note, that I was ABLE to, he's an EMT, I never know when he's working, was to invite him to a baby shower and birthday parties. I throw a party, I don't ask anyone to bring anything except for themselves. Or maybe a swimsuit

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Yeah, most people would think they need to bring presents. My friends, usually don't, and I tell them not to. I do NOT care about gifts. I prefer to have people show up and have a good time. That's it.

And it looks like all you're pulling out of my op is asking for help, twisting it to sound like that's all I ever do or have done, so yeah, I'd be happy to be rid of a friend like you too

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

goddiddlyumshis
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:40 AM
Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:46 AM
Lady you said yourself that last few times you've talked to him was bc you needed help or to invite him to a party (where you may think ppl know not to bring gifts but many will still feel weird about not bringing anything to a baby shower or bday party, common sense especially for a baby shower).

So yeah for many they will eventually cut ties with someone they feel is basically using them.

I'm sorry I didn't defend you and say how wrong this person was and you got all butt hurt but you can't expect ppl to stick around when they only hear from you when you need them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, most people would think they need to bring presents. My friends, usually don't, and I tell them not to. I do NOT care about gifts. I prefer to have people show up and have a good time. That's it.

And it looks like all you're pulling out of my op is asking for help, twisting it to sound like that's all I ever do or have done, so yeah, I'd be happy to be rid of a friend like you too

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:49 AM
As I've said twice now, my friends have never felt "obligated" to bring anything to parties. I've never cared whether anyone brings something aside from themselves and they all know this, and have for many years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lady you said yourself that last few times you've talked to him was bc you needed help or to invite him to a party (where you may think ppl know not to bring gifts but many will still feel weird about not bringing anything to a baby shower or bday party, common sense especially for a baby shower).

So yeah for many they will eventually cut ties with someone they feel is basically using them.

I'm sorry I didn't defend you and say how wrong this person was and you got all butt hurt but you can't expect ppl to stick around when they only hear from you when you need them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN