Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you one of "those" moms?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend who always uses the pronoun "we" when referring to her dd.

"We have a cold."

"We had preschool today."

"We've been hitting lately."

Lol. Really? You're both hitting? Or just her? And you went to preschool too? ;)

I know, no big deal. But it gets on my nerves a little. I tend to notice that the mom's who use "we" to refer to their kids also tend to be the ones who can't seperate their own identities from their childrens' identities and tend to be the moms that are a little too involved in their kids' every move. Actually, I read a study once that broke down the psychology of it and found it to be true.

Are you a "we" mom? :)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Replies (281-290):
RayneofTerror
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Nope. Definitely not. 

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM

No.

javakitty2011
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:34 PM

never heard anyone say that

jeda1429
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Yep I'm a we mom lol

Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM

No. I'm also not one of those moms who constantly has to refer to what "my" child does/likes/knows/etc. Example: Planning a family reunion, expecting around 50 kids. Sil: "We have to have a bounce house/the Wiggles/pineapple spears/whatever because my kids really enjoy that."

nurse-mommy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Nah. Not my thing. I am me and my kids are individuals themselves.... I love them to pieces, but we have our own identities. I do have friends like this, but it's not my thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Queen_Bree
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Hell no.. I love my kids but they are their own individuals. They will grow up and have their own lives, beliefs and opinions. Who am I to form them into little mes or wes? I think that is terrible.

Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:57 PM

no way!

anon1986East
by Kali on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:07 PM

LOL no. I thought that only happens in cheesy TV movies. Oh wait...actually there was one woman I knew who spoke that way, she worked at a daycare where my friend brought his daughter during the summers so she could play with her friends while he was working and a few times I picked up my friend's daughter so it's not even that she is one of those moms, because she doesn't yet have children of her own but uses "we" when describing to the parents what their child had been up to during the day.

ohmandy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM

lol, SOMETIMES hahaha.  i know ive done it... cant think of specific time right now though :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)