Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you one of "those" moms?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a friend who always uses the pronoun "we" when referring to her dd.

"We have a cold."

"We had preschool today."

"We've been hitting lately."

Lol. Really? You're both hitting? Or just her? And you went to preschool too? ;)

I know, no big deal. But it gets on my nerves a little. I tend to notice that the mom's who use "we" to refer to their kids also tend to be the ones who can't seperate their own identities from their childrens' identities and tend to be the moms that are a little too involved in their kids' every move. Actually, I read a study once that broke down the psychology of it and found it to be true.

Are you a "we" mom? :)
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Replies (291-300):
NoraDun
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM

No I use we correctly. If its something "we" do together then I use we. If its something "they" do I use their given names to share!

Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Yeah lol I'm a we mom. But I definitely don't think I'm over involved. In fact, I think my kids are too needy ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I love my children to death, but they sure aren't royalty!  I stick to the correct pronoun.

Quoting Val99:

Ahhhh...it used to be called "the royal we" or "the majestic plural".   It is when one would use the plural to refer to a single person of high office, who is seen as someone of great excellence or power.

What a way to give the child a fat head!   The mother probably doesn't even know the origins of this construct.  Print something out on it from the web, hand it to her, and tell her she's not allowed to do it anymore until the child is sitting on a throne.

Casperstalks
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM

If her and I both have a cold, then yes, otherwise, when making a point I say "*SOMEONE* is having a hitting problem today." With emphasis on the "Someone" Lol

sumannie
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM

LoL! No!

Miller_Mama
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:35 PM

im not a "we" mom haha

CDMelty
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I hate the "We're pregnant" moms more. He's not pregnant; you are. You're both expecting a baby, you're both going to be parents, but you're not both pregnant.

I don't think I know a we mom who we's the kid, though. I'll have to be on the look-out for it now.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM

lol nah. 

sometimes i say 'THIS little lady decided....'

but not the 'we' thing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I don't do that. It's like saying "We're pregnant!" 

It's weird.

tattooedmamaof2
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

my bf's mom does that, its really sad. her daughter even does it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN