Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Thank you all for all the encouragement you ladies have given! To all the stay at home moms as well as the working ones, I'm inspired by all of you. It gave me a lot of hope and made me get out of the slump I'm in, a step in the right direction. Also thanks to all the ones that were judge mental and discouraging, its been fun. I haven't had to defend myself in that way in a LONG time. Reminds me of high school! Lol either way I'm glad to see 95% of moms have at one time felt like me and am relieved so many got out of it!! Thanks for taking the time to tell me your stories! I really appreciate it!! God bless you all!!! <3
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Replies (171-180):
JustMomToSM
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Dear, i think u r great! The fact that you had the courage to have a child, to raise him yourself, to be that grateful for such gift and stand up so well for yourself are the premisis of a very fulfilling life. Do not worry about you could have been, just realise what you want and confidently go there. U'r son will also be happy that he has u and will take a lot of u'r attitude. It's just like the other mom said - it might not happen by tomorrow afternoon - but u'll get there:) some of us make this decision later in their life and may not like to continue with what they have used to do or educated to do. They simply start a new life, just like u:) on the other side, i think one needs the time to be a mom before figuring out what to be or what to do to adjust everybody in her life to her satisfaction. And she's the only one to answer to these questions and to decide. Take care, enjoy and good luck:) and be brave!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 28 and have two boys who are 4 and 5 1/2, I've been married for almost 9 years, and Yes I felt the same way for quite a while. Before I met dh I was a step away from joining the navy, but chose love over career. I don't regret the choices I've made and have truly enjoyed being a military wife and sahm, but since my boys are now school aged, I'm finding time to find myself again and go after my dreams!! So hopefully very soon I'll be enlisting to the CG and be able to show my boys that no matter how old you are, you should never lose sight of what YOU want in life!! Good luck to you!
1stTimeMomofOne
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I know it makes your day that people are actually responding to your little "cut downs", it is truly pathetic. If nobody can insult you and you supposedly don't care about anyone's opinion then why are you still responding you old jealous hag? Go be a shriveled up bitch somewhere else! Nobody wants you here so, insult all you want, I know everytime someone pays attention to your pathetic remarks it makes you feel good about your miserable life. So keep talking. Go right ahead. You poor excuse for a human being. May god be with you also. Or not.!!! Lol and I'm quoting you, the anonymous bitch with self esteem issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's great because your opinion matters so much to me!

Quoting lwalker270:

What sage advice.

Oh, wait. You didn't offer any advice, just a snarky, immature reply.

Not charming at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aww how cute.  A young and dumb one who thinks she knows it all because sheopened her legs and got knocked up young.  How... charming.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Yeah that is true, but you're nobody to judge. I know for a fact there are many women that were young mothers and are successful. So if you're not going to say something encouraging or relating to my problem please go judge someone else. By the way, I raise my son, not a daycare or babysitter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Great.  Now you don't know what you want to be when you grow up - because you didn't become it first.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Does any other mom out there feel as if once they had their baby they forgot who they were before then? I'm a young mother 22 and my son is 16 months. The first year flew by and when I look back it's kind of a blur! I guess for lack of sleep!! But now I feel like I have more time to maybe do something for myself since he's a bit older and sleeps through the night of course! Before him I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, but now, not so sure! In a way I feel like I've forgotten who I was before. I feel like I don't even know what my interests are anymore!! Because the past year or actually since I became pregnant, it's as if I switched into mommy mode and that was my life and that's it. Does or has anyone ever felt this way??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Oh shut up you dumb little child.  I damn sure won't be insulted by an idiot who is trying to act like an adult.  Poor excuse of a human being?  Right.  I can guarantee you that I have contributed more for my family and my life than you will ever do.  Like, oh my god!  You think you want to be a teacher but you're not sure!  Oh let the world end right now! No self esteem issues here, darling.  I can bet that I'm a lot more successful than you are.  I know for sure that I'm smarter than you are, I didn't get knocked up while I was still a child myself.  Have fun with that.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

I know it makes your day that people are actually responding to your little "cut downs", it is truly pathetic. If nobody can insult you and you supposedly don't care about anyone's opinion then why are you still responding you old jealous hag? Go be a shriveled up bitch somewhere else! Nobody wants you here so, insult all you want, I know everytime someone pays attention to your pathetic remarks it makes you feel good about your miserable life. So keep talking. Go right ahead. You poor excuse for a human being. May god be with you also. Or not.!!! Lol and I'm quoting you, the anonymous bitch with self esteem issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lwalker270:

What sage advice.

Not charming at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aww how cute.  A young and dumb one who thinks she knows it all because sheopened her legs and got knocked up young.  How... charming.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Yeah that is true, but you're nobody to judge. I know for a fact there are many women that were young mothers and are successful. So if you're not going to say something encouraging or relating to my problem please go judge someone else. By the way, I raise my son, not a daycare or babysitter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Great.  Now you don't know what you want to be when you grow up - because you didn't become it first.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Does any other mom out there feel as if once they had their baby they forgot who they were before then? I'm a young mother 22 and my son is 16 months. The first year flew by and when I look back it's kind of a blur! I guess for lack of sleep!! But now I feel like I have more time to maybe do something for myself since he's a bit older and sleeps through the night of course! Before him I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, but now, not so sure! In a way I feel like I've forgotten who I was before. I feel like I don't even know what my interests are anymore!! Because the past year or actually since I became pregnant, it's as if I switched into mommy mode and that was my life and that's it. Does or has anyone ever felt this way??

1stTimeMomofOne
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Congratulations, now go be with your family and get a life! Cause you obviously don't have one if your arguing with a "child" LOL I can imagine how you talk to your actual children and poor husband!! I'm done talking to an obviously IMMATURE older woman. I'm 22 and young, what's your excuse for acting YOUNGER than your age? Are you going through a midlife crisis or something? Having hot flashes huh grandma? Maybe you need to open your legs once in a while, it might do you some good and make you less of a bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh shut up you dumb little child.  I damn sure won't be insulted by an idiot who is trying to act like an adult.  Poor excuse of a human being?  Right.  I can guarantee you that I have contributed more for my family and my life than you will ever do.  Like, oh my god!  You think you want to be a teacher but you're not sure!  Oh let the world end right now! No self esteem issues here, darling.  I can bet that I'm a lot more successful than you are.  I know for sure that I'm smarter than you are, I didn't get knocked up while I was still a child myself.  Have fun with that.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lwalker270:

What sage advice.

Not charming at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Myke
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:02 PM

That's a little rude don't you think? So I'm assuming you did everything right and in just the perfect order?  I was much older and had done a lot before I had kids.  But, after 12 yrs and 3 difficult kids I have no idea who I am.  I'm lonely because I don't have any friends because I've had to pour every ounce of energy into raising said difficult kids.  Rude people like you make me sick, why don't you try to encourage and lift a person up instead of being a waste of oxygen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Myke
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:16 PM

How would anyone know any of this?  You have chosen to bash anonymously like a coward!

Quoting Anonymous:

And I would say you are a poor judge of anything.  I have relayed my story on here before.  I had two children, 6 & 8, when my husband died.  I knew what I wanted to be in life, went to university with 18 credits a semester and worked three jobs where I could bring my children to work with me.  We struggled for 4 years, but my children had never been in daycare in their lives.

Also, they grew up with a great work ethic and desire for education.  One is a physician and the other is a veterinarian.

ALL Mothers should have an education because that is what teaches your children to love education.

My consternation wasn't that you didn't get the education first, it's that now you seem so befuddled and lost regarding your future. 

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

You obviously either don't have kids or have someone raising them for you! It makes me laugh because REAL MOMS rarely get to sit on their asses!! Boy do I wish it were that easy! And I know some people are privileged enough to have moms and others to help with their young kids while they get an education, I for one am not. And being a mom and wife without a career isn't a bad thing you know. What can I say, I fell in love and got blessed with a gorgeous gift before getting an education, so sue me!! Doesn't make you better than me or any other mother without a college degree!

Quoting Anonymous:

How does whether you use daycare or sit on your ass all day impact the discussion about receiving education prior to having children? 

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Do you truly consider it "bashing" to say someone sounds befuddled?  I have watched women here call each other cunts and whores and twats and you insult me for the word "befuddled"?  By what I have seen here, maybe the word befuddled hasn't been used in a post before.

Quoting Myke:

How would anyone know any of this?  You have chosen to bash anonymously like a coward!

Quoting Anonymous:

And I would say you are a poor judge of anything.  I have relayed my story on here before.  I had two children, 6 & 8, when my husband died.  I knew what I wanted to be in life, went to university with 18 credits a semester and worked three jobs where I could bring my children to work with me.  We struggled for 4 years, but my children had never been in daycare in their lives.

Also, they grew up with a great work ethic and desire for education.  One is a physician and the other is a veterinarian.

ALL Mothers should have an education because that is what teaches your children to love education.

My consternation wasn't that you didn't get the education first, it's that now you seem so befuddled and lost regarding your future. 

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

You obviously either don't have kids or have someone raising them for you! It makes me laugh because REAL MOMS rarely get to sit on their asses!! Boy do I wish it were that easy! And I know some people are privileged enough to have moms and others to help with their young kids while they get an education, I for one am not. And being a mom and wife without a career isn't a bad thing you know. What can I say, I fell in love and got blessed with a gorgeous gift before getting an education, so sue me!! Doesn't make you better than me or any other mother without a college degree!

Quoting Anonymous:

How does whether you use daycare or sit on your ass all day impact the discussion about receiving education prior to having children? 

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

xxshelbyxxx
by Scarlet begonias on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Yep, you're absolutely right. How can that mother say that another mother did the wrong thing by KEEPing her baby before she was educated? How is abortion the right choice just because someone isn't finished with college? And who says someone has to have a college degree to have a baby? That's insane! It's like it's her way or no way is the right way.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is life and in life things don't always go as planned and that includes education and having children. What should she have done when she found out she was pregnant. Oh I should give the baby up/ abort it because it doesn't fit into my life plan. Oh, the op actually has a heart and put her plans on hold. It happen! And women who give their babies up for adoption have hearts I just want to get that clear before someone twists my words.

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

I absolutely agree with you mama! But see this woman DOES think she's better then women who didnt go to college before having a baby. She's only trying to make herself feel better about never bein home to care for her own kids and that's why she's talking about REAL moms who take care of their kids 24 hours a day 7 days a week.. Been doing it for 18 months and it hasn't got old. This Is my career thank you.

Oh and I do work technically but it doesn't keep me away from my son during the day. I deliver newspapers for our city paper from 3-530AM every single day and make $1200 a month doing so, so all in all it adds up to like $17 an hour cuz it only takes me 2 or 2.5 hours every day to do it, then I get to spend ALl day with my baby boy and I still pay all my own bills.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

ilovemykids732
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:44 AM
I know how you feel... I had my ds when I was 17, and I feel like I lost myself...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)