Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Thank you all for all the encouragement you ladies have given! To all the stay at home moms as well as the working ones, I'm inspired by all of you. It gave me a lot of hope and made me get out of the slump I'm in, a step in the right direction. Also thanks to all the ones that were judge mental and discouraging, its been fun. I haven't had to defend myself in that way in a LONG time. Reminds me of high school! Lol either way I'm glad to see 95% of moms have at one time felt like me and am relieved so many got out of it!! Thanks for taking the time to tell me your stories! I really appreciate it!! God bless you all!!! <3
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Replies (181-181):
holliebruns
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Hmm, actually, I do remember his milestones, when they happened, and how amazing it felt to be there. And as for being judgmental, if you can call everyone else on how they did things, then expect it back. If you're going to post whiny stuff publicly, expect people to respond. I didn't complain about my identity or my relationship with my child. He went to daycare for 2 years and I assure you, I knew every smidgen of what happened at daycare. So to try and assume that I don't know my kid because he went to daycare so that I could support him is absolutely ignorant and ludicrous. And I absolutely am well aware that young people can remain happy. But you make yourself sound so unhappy already, I can't imagine that if you actually are, it'll stay like that for long. Even when I was home 100% with my son for his first two and last one year, I never at any point felt like I lost my own identity and certainly didn't whine about it online.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Another judgeful person. Actually I got married at 19, had my son at 21 and I'm still with the man I fell in love with. So not everyone gets divorced after they've been "knocked up" I wasn't "knocked up" either, WE wanted a baby. Whenever it was that god decided to give us one was fine. Believe it or not young people can remain happy. Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean I will. And you're saying your son didn't miss out but actually you did. You want to judge me, I can judge you right back. I bet you don't even remember some milestones or noticed little things he would do that nobody else knew about. There's a bond stay at home moms get with their kids, but you wouldn't really know that would you? And by the way genius, it's called "mom confessions" for a reason! Meaning I'm confessing how I feel. If I want to complain I will just like you decided to judge, freedom of speech sweetie!! Isn't it amazing!?!?

Quoting holliebruns:

As a young mother myself, I agree 100% with this response. I was 18 when I married and 20 when I became pregnant and gave birth. Shortly after, I divorced, and struggled to be a single mom, work full-time to stay off assistance programs (with daycare assistance being the exception), and continue towards my college degree. I tell other young women who are thinking about having babies to understand that you need to go be "you". Grow up. Get your education. Start a career. Find a partner who loves the you that you really are. THEN start a family. It's always difficult as a single parent and even more so when you've not finished your education and started a career. But if you did it out of order and chose to get knocked up first, then you have no right to complain about not feeling like you have an identity. You don't. The only identity you have is "mother" and not one to be looked up to at that. I missed a lot when my son was 18months-4 years, but a college degree and a career to take care of him was worth it. He will never know I wasn't home, he will only remember that he already enjoys "homework" because Mama always did it. He loves school, because Mama always did it and was so proud of herself for it. You have no right to complain about something that you did to yourself. Instead of complaining, go enroll in college and put your kid in daycare. You'll be more use to him/her as a role model w/ an education & legitimate career.

Quoting Anonymous:

Great.  Now you don't know what you want to be when you grow up - because you didn't become it first.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Does any other mom out there feel as if once they had their baby they forgot who they were before then? I'm a young mother 22 and my son is 16 months. The first year flew by and when I look back it's kind of a blur! I guess for lack of sleep!! But now I feel like I have more time to maybe do something for myself since he's a bit older and sleeps through the night of course! Before him I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, but now, not so sure! In a way I feel like I've forgotten who I was before. I feel like I don't even know what my interests are anymore!! Because the past year or actually since I became pregnant, it's as if I switched into mommy mode and that was my life and that's it. Does or has anyone ever felt this way??

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)