Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Thank you all for all the encouragement you ladies have given! To all the stay at home moms as well as the working ones, I'm inspired by all of you. It gave me a lot of hope and made me get out of the slump I'm in, a step in the right direction. Also thanks to all the ones that were judge mental and discouraging, its been fun. I haven't had to defend myself in that way in a LONG time. Reminds me of high school! Lol either way I'm glad to see 95% of moms have at one time felt like me and am relieved so many got out of it!! Thanks for taking the time to tell me your stories! I really appreciate it!! God bless you all!!! <3
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Replies (41-50):
singlemama0905
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Same here. My son is also 2, will also be 3 in September. I feel like I'm just getting back to the point of finding me again while still maintaining "mom" in it all. Thankfully my son still takes naps...which usually means naptime for me too when I'm home lol

Quoting HistoryNutty:

Yeah, but I'm getting it back. My kid is two, will be three in September. It just takes time. Be sure to have time for yourself. That was nap time for me, but my kid doesn't tap naps anymore. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM

No. I had my first at 25, had accomplished my goals before we had her, and am enjoying life right now.

I've heard a lot of moms say the same thing, so you are not alone. Don't forget to take time for yourself, even if it is five minutes whiel shaving your legs or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I forgot who i am and what my goals are aftet i married husband.. But im remembering them now.
eztwins
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:56 AM
3 moms liked this

I think we all go through this in the beginning.  Babies are just soooo time consuming lol.  As they get older life settles in a little bit and we have time to think and reflect.  You are reaching that point now.  Now is the time to start to reflect and think about where you go from here.  Don't look back before baby because that person is gone.  Having children changes us.  It just does.  Now you have to create the new you-the person you were before the baby and the person who was changed into all consumed mom.  The person you will be is born from those to people.  You will be a combination now of all your parts.  Thats not a bad thing.  Take a little of the old and the new and create the best you.  it won't happen overnight but it will happen. 

Leilisemia
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel that way too, sort of. I do feel like I have lost my identity a bit, but I am trying to get it back in the future. I am obtaining my bachelors online while i stay home with the boys. I major in healthcare administration and I have 1 1/2 years left before graduation! YAYY! I am hoping that I find work easly once i graduate, and although I am sad about not staying home with the kiddos anymore, I do think it is for the better in the long run. ODS will be in school by the time i graduate, and YDS will be in preschool so I guess it won't be too bad. I look forward to the end of the day when we are all home discussing over dinner how our days went, and everyone will have a different story to tell. 

You'll figure it out. Maybe you could consider getting an online education as well?

CanInTex
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep, me too. I've got my degree and now want nothing to do with that field. Once my kids are in school I'll be going back too, but not until I've done some deep soul searching so I don't screw this up again.

OP, ignore the Anon.

Quoting lwalker270:

This is ridiculous.  I do have a degree, had a career that I (happily) gave up to be home with my boys.  I'm going back for my masters later this year and have absolutely no idea what field I want to go into.

Even college-educated mothers who had careers struggle with losing their identity.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Great.  Now you don't know what you want to be when you grow up - because you didn't become it first.

Quoting 1stTimeMomofOne:

Does any other mom out there feel as if once they had their baby they forgot who they were before then? I'm a young mother 22 and my son is 16 months. The first year flew by and when I look back it's kind of a blur! I guess for lack of sleep!! But now I feel like I have more time to maybe do something for myself since he's a bit older and sleeps through the night of course! Before him I always knew I wanted to be a teacher, but now, not so sure! In a way I feel like I've forgotten who I was before. I feel like I don't even know what my interests are anymore!! Because the past year or actually since I became pregnant, it's as if I switched into mommy mode and that was my life and that's it. Does or has anyone ever felt this way??

MrsShipley21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes! I was 14 when I had my first child and well you know I really didn't have my own identity yet at such a young age. I always wonder what I would be like without kids. I would like to eventually find myself once all my babies are in school. It is crazy huh.

Josie_P
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Quoting lapcounter:

Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I have felt this way since my son was born. He is almost 3 1/2. I am just barely picking myself up after some things I've been through over the last few years. I'm 29 and am still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life but I am getting closer to figuring it out. Having a child in this society is not easy. Hang in there. You're definitely not alone. :)

angelasmom27
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the last reply! You are not alone ..i jyst had my second child two weeks ago! And i feel as i startedall over again...but time will go by before we know it!!!!! And we will have time to do evwrything we want.......good luck and dont give up! Those negative comments should just make you stronger.....have a great day!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)