Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All this talk about welfare reform made me think of SSI , yet another welfare give away

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

That needs to be overhauled as well.  Too many using that system and they are nothing but drug addicts. I don't want to hear about your anxiety, many of us have that.  I don't care your ass hurts you, deal with it  I know somone on it for 20 yrs, because he has social issues.  BALONEY.  If I can get over my issues, so can you. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM
4 moms liked this
Wow. Very uneducated on the matter I see.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Getting SSI is not an easy task and not everyone who can collect it does. I could easily get it for myself because no I can't work. But I don't need it so no I don't apply. I see no point. My mother does need it and did apply. It took her YEARS to get it. It is not a simple thing to get.

BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM
3 moms liked this
If they allowed idiots to be on SSI, you would definitely qualify without a problem.

It isn't a fun ride being on disability.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

SSI for children is to pay for expenses that are past what a normal child would cost. Not every insurance will cover treatments, hospitalizations, copays, gas expenses, plane/train/bus tickets, etc. There are many times were families lose everything because their children get sick. This is why SSI is important. 

Quoting angevil53:

I hate the idea that parents get this for their children. It's supposed to be their jobs to pay for their kids. I'm not against medical at all but there's no reason to me that they need cash to pay for what they brought into the world.

They get Medicaid for that-the medical bills that insurance won't cover.  The gas? I don'tget to deduct the gas I use to take my kids to the Dr...if you are going to give them money for that-then it should be a tax deduction for everyone else!

miss_lisa
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Wow, your ignorance is awesome.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM
5 moms liked this

Can't or won't?  I have known a man in a wheelchair with MS and also blind who works as an excellent software developer.  He says he was not going to spend his life sitting on the public dole when he can make something of his life since he is smart.

Next to him these people are crybabies.

Quoting kidlover2:

How do they pay for their kids if they can't work?

Quoting angevil53:

I hate the idea that parents get this for their children. It's supposed to be their jobs to pay for their kids. I'm not against medical at all but there's no reason to me that they need cash to pay for what they brought into the world.

angevil53
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Why can't they work? Or one parent work?

Quoting kidlover2:

How do they pay for their kids if they can't work?

Quoting angevil53:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nunyabusiness

We help out a teen who is considered mentally disabled. I don't know how on earth his mother got that proved but she used to take his checks and cash them for herself. Loooong story about a very messed up family but his mental disability is a load of crap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:13 AM
5 moms liked this

you just wait until you have a special needs child that costs you thousands to care for....come back and let us know how easy it is without ssi for the child, and how well your'e doing without it, and how your ins is the best, and how you pay thousands of dollars for meds, tests, etc....let us know how great it is for ya....

judge not, lest ye be judged

Quoting angevil53:

Rust.n.Gears

My parents were forced to put me in an institution for 90 days so the insurance company would pay for my therapy. Those places are hell holes.  

Quoting randi1978:

While I do agree that it does appear that there are quite a few who do not need it and get it, what about those that do truly need it?

The one who brought up children.....what about children with extreme special needs?  Depending on the needs of the child, it could bankrupt the family completely.  What are they supposed to do, give up their kid to an institution? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)