Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you feel?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Monday night I took a pregnancy test, positive. DH and I are happy! He calls his mom and tells her before I can tell him not to. I'm paranoid, I don't want to tell anyone until I have my first scan. Then, he calls my brother to tell him. Between the conversations I tell him I don't want anyone to know yet. Now everyone knows, and I was quiet the rest of the night. I was upset, and I get annoyed anytime I think of it now.

How would you feel?

PS: The same thing happened last time, as well. You'd think DH would remember, right?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
robyann
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Your dh was just so excited. Just let this one go, not worth fighting over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM
He isn't normally really really stupid. I just feel he jumped the gun a bit.

Quoting s.osborne:

No, men are really really stupid.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Well that's good you didnt fight :) Hopefully today he can contain himself and keep quiet!

Quoting Anonymous:

No, we didn't fight about it. I was just kind of down about it. I told everything to him calmly. I get his excitement, I'm excited to.

Quoting smushy79:

Cut him some slack. He was probably really excited. I can see where that would be annoying but not worth getting in a fight about. Congrats!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM
There was no fight about it. Everything was calmly stated and such. It's just a slight annoyance, and I know I'll get over it.

I just wanted to announce it differently.

Quoting robyann:

Your dh was just so excited. Just let this one go, not worth fighting over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Well, everyone knows, so it doesn't matter anymore. I just wanted to tell people differently. Not before the pee dried on the stick.

Quoting smushy79:

Well that's good you didnt fight :) Hopefully today he can contain himself and keep quiet!

Quoting Anonymous:

No, we didn't fight about it. I was just kind of down about it. I told everything to him calmly. I get his excitement, I'm excited to.

Quoting smushy79:

Cut him some slack. He was probably really excited. I can see where that would be annoying but not worth getting in a fight about. Congrats!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Why not? Miscarriages aren't something to hide shamefully.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah. I figured it'd be something stupid to be upset about. What if I had a miscarriage? I wouldn't have wanted everyone to know about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh. I wouldn't be that upset. He's just excited and wants to share his joy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I would be glad my husband was so happy and excited about having a baby.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I wouldn't be ashamed of it, I just wouldn't want anyone to know. It's something I'd rather deal with alone with DH. I don't like attention very much, and dislike pity. I know there'd be a lot of that going around and it would make me want to disappear the next time we see family.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not? Miscarriages aren't something to hide shamefully.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah. I figured it'd be something stupid to be upset about. What if I had a miscarriage? I wouldn't have wanted everyone to know about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh. I wouldn't be that upset. He's just excited and wants to share his joy.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM

oh ok lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, the sonogram they do around 11 weeks (that's when I had it done last time).

Quoting notjstasocermom:

first scan?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I am glad he's excited, it was just annoying. I wanted to tell everyone differently, and especially after getting a positive from the blood test I'm going to do today.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be glad my husband was so happy and excited about having a baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN