Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How would you feel?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Monday night I took a pregnancy test, positive. DH and I are happy! He calls his mom and tells her before I can tell him not to. I'm paranoid, I don't want to tell anyone until I have my first scan. Then, he calls my brother to tell him. Between the conversations I tell him I don't want anyone to know yet. Now everyone knows, and I was quiet the rest of the night. I was upset, and I get annoyed anytime I think of it now.

How would you feel?

PS: The same thing happened last time, as well. You'd think DH would remember, right?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
robyann
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Yea I understand....sometimes (or alot) of times men don't think before they do things.... :)

Quoting Anonymous:

There was no fight about it. Everything was calmly stated and such. It's just a slight annoyance, and I know I'll get over it.

I just wanted to announce it differently.

Quoting robyann:

Your dh was just so excited. Just let this one go, not worth fighting over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Quite true. :)

Quoting robyann:

Yea I understand....sometimes (or alot) of times men don't think before they do things.... :)

Quoting Anonymous:

There was no fight about it. Everything was calmly stated and such. It's just a slight annoyance, and I know I'll get over it.

I just wanted to announce it differently.

Quoting robyann:

Your dh was just so excited. Just let this one go, not worth fighting over.

lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:23 AM
SO's mother did that at a big dinner, she announced to a bunch of family of his that i had never met, i was so irritated because i was no where near 12 weeks at the time. I felt SO and i should have been the ones to tell people when we were ready.
Sorry that happened to you mama :-( but at least your DH is very excited, it could be worse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hip2it
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Well, I've had multiple miscarriages, so if I get pg again, nobody will know anything until at least 15 weeks (I've mc'd at 14 weeks) but I'd prefer to wait until after the 20 week scan.  I never see anybody so I could totally pull that off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Yeah, word spreads fast. Especially with our families. We're not even in the same state as them currently and won't see them until late spring! I just wanted to do it differently, I'm going to paint a Big Sister shirt for my DD so I can take pictures of her holding up the sonogram picture and send it to family. It was going to be cute darnnit! I'll still do it, anyway.

Quoting lexiloo714:

SO's mother did that at a big dinner, she announced to a bunch of family of his that i had never met, i was so irritated because i was no where near 12 weeks at the time. I felt SO and i should have been the ones to tell people when we were ready.

Sorry that happened to you mama :-( but at least your DH is very excited, it could be worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM
I could have pulled it off too! We're in a different state than our families, with no chance of them ever popping in on us.

Oh well. No surprises when we see them next, then.

Quoting hip2it:

Well, I've had multiple miscarriages, so if I get pg again, nobody will know anything until at least 15 weeks (I've mc'd at 14 weeks) but I'd prefer to wait until after the 20 week scan.  I never see anybody so I could totally pull that off.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM

It seems like he ruined your plans. Since you didn't tell him your plans he was excited and wanted to share the good news. Just let it go mama. Congrats!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Meh. I wouldn't be that upset. He's just excited and wants to share his joy.

MagicTemptation
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM

He was excited. If you are worried about a miscarriage, why hide it? You would be an emotional mess, support from family and friends would be helpful.

Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM

My husband told EVERYONE when we found out we were pregnant with number three! I've had four miscarriages and I didn't want to jinx it. But, his philosophy was let's have more people happy for us and praying for a healthy pregnancy. I was upset but I let him. Now I look back and don't care anymore since she in fact made it here, healthy, and full term.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)