Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Having a Nanny is selfish.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

IMO having a nanny or nannies is a selfish thing to do to your children.

You gave birth to the child not them so buck up and raise your own child.

I can understand having a babysitter to watch your child if you work or having a night out with your s/o but to have a nanny 24/7 is just wrong. I could afford a nanny if i wanted one but i gave birth to my children so i will RAISE them..

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:55 AM
3 moms liked this

I am a SAHM with a live in nanny.  Actually, she works set hours (I don't know anyone who would work 24/7).  I don't feel it is selfish in any way.  Oh, I also homeschool our SN DS and volunteer a lot at my DD's school.

We also have a live in housekeeper, live in gardener, and four guards who work shifts.  We do not live in the US.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM

So I assume you feel the same way about daycare.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

No a daycare worker does not live in your home she/he does not wake up with your child feed your child dress your child. I am talking about someone you have living with you 24/7 who does the job you should be doing. 

Quoting wkukid:

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM

don't agree with having one, then don't, but butt out of what other people do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I was a nanny for a women who didn't work. We lived in Newport, RI and they lived in a mansion. (It had a name and everything lol). It's totally normal out there. Sometimes all the moms would get together and the nannies would all be there taking care of the kids. I have no clue what she did all day.....she shopped a lot and was rarely home. I felt really bad for her kids. They had a nanny from the second the oldest was born. Her husband (who is not from money) snapped one day and told her to either watch the kids or get a job. The wife (who was from money and never had a job) chose to take care of the kids. Not 2 weeks later she called me asking me to come back. I didn't do it because I already had another great job but I will always feel bad for the kids. She would always leave if they were sick and all they wanted was their mommy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Quoting wkukid:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

don't agree with having one, then don't, but butt out of what other people do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll admit, if I could afford one, I'd get a nanny/housekeeper :) I would still be around but it would be nice to have an extra pair of hands sometimes.
CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Geez do you know nothing about the troll world? Be all in lady, I think its pretty selfish to have kids if you are going to work anyway! They should be raising their kids too!!!

Try  that:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)