Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Freakin mean old people

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 96 Replies

I know that DH and I don't look like traditional parents, we have piercings (dh has guages and a lip ring, i have guages, and 6 more peircings in my ears and a nose ring), we have mohawks. we dress clean, our kids are always clean, no torn stained clothing, hair combed and cute. We live in Surprise AZ, which is literally surrounded by Sun Cities (all elderly residential areas) During the cooler months, the snow birds will come in. My DH has always gotten weird looks BC of his hair but he doesn't care, he loves his hair, he knows hes a good person and just smiles when an old person stares at him and on occasion older ladies and men will come up and compliment his hair, ask how he keeps it up and will compliment our girls. Well recently I had him do a Mohawk for me, its buzzed a little short on the side, its a feminine kind, I think it looks cute and its nice to be able to style my hair again. Well, yesterday we go to the store for diapers and such and we walk in one isle to get disinfecting wipes and this old woman was just GLARING at me the whole time. Like fucking GLARING, daggers coming out of her eyes, then she looks at my DH and her jaw drops!

I don't understand this. DH says I shouldn't let it bother me or make me feel insecure and I know i shouldn't but...I didn't do anything to her. I was talking to my girls, smiling and laughing with them and then i saw her face and instantly i just felt like crap..

Idk i guess I'm just wondering what other woman do in this situation...do  you ignore it and not let it bother you. I went home and ended up having a panic attack bc after that i felt like I was getting bad looks the rest of the time in the store.. :[

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Stick out Your tongue at them and laugh, glare back, laugh in their face, whatever! Just don't let huge entail old people make u feel bad, they are stuck in their ways and soon to die anyway. I feel bad for them, there is a huge world if fun new things that they will look down on. Their loss
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM
7 moms liked this

If you didn't want people to look at you, you wouldn't be so out there with your look.

Just saying.

SoKamele
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Ignore it....while I personally don't like any of that stuff....I don't care what other people do.

As for old people........they're not mean....they just can't grasp it. We don't know what their generation was like....no matter how they tell us......remember it's because of them...that you have the freedom to express yourself.

I love old grumpy people..........just smile and let them know....that you see and don't care.

annasew
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I ignore people that want to judge based on looks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh stfu 

Quoting Anonymous:

If you didn't want people to look at you, you wouldn't be so out there with your look.

Just saying.

heartagram_girl
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

When I catch people staring at me, I tell myself- "Yep I'm hot. I'm beautiful. I am rocking this pregnancy and everyone knows it!"

Dont let it bother you hun. Old people have certain standards- and no one fits those standards. How you and DH dress and accessorize is no one's business. Personally I am all for it- I want to get a few tattoos, but I am scared of needles!

Their opinions dont count in the long run. Yall are good parents and your children are taken care of. What more can you do? Dont change yourself just because a little old lady was rude enough to stare.

Next time, just mention that you were raised not to stare at people. Then ask if she wants a picture because it will last longer.

CafeMom Tickers
poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I get stares from.people like that whenever I go out cuz I'm with a black man and I look younger than I am and he looks older. I just ignore it or laugh and really give them.something to stare at. I'm sorry they did that to u
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Post a pic of your hair
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM
3 moms liked this
Smile and wave or say hello. I generally try to make rude people feel awkward lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
blow her kiss. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)