Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I probably just started a huge fight with dh's family

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
I know I've posted this before about favoritism but today I've just had it. She called me again to brag about my niece and how she was babysitting. I'm at work and my phone was cutting out and I don't have gold service so I just hung up. I debated for a bit and then sent this message

And I don't know what the deal is with favoritism but you don't have to call me daily to brag about aspen or tell me how you babysit everyday and how awesome that is when you can't even be bothered to watch ours one day for our babysitter to go to the doctor. I don't mean that rude but it kinda hurts their feelings that they are always left out and I'm tired of hearing about it.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

You sound jealous:(

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

it sounds like you did mean to be rude.

duejan13th
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM
:'-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Personally I wouldn't have done it.  I'd just slowly back away from her and not even bother trying to push the kids on her.  She doesn't want to watch them or be around them, then let it go.  It's only stressing you out.  Consider her not an option anymore.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM

You sound jealous as hell and that was intended to be rude

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Good luck, I wish I had advice for you but I'm knee deep in some horrible in law troubles myself. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM
My mil is the same way. I can't stand her so we limit the times we see her to 2 time a year.
CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Favortisim sucks but you can't change them. My husbands parents favor their daughter out of their 3 children. It's always been like that and my husband and his brother just don't even try to compete with her anymore

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Eh, it's better than holding those feelings in. She probably would have started a shit storm of drama no matter how you worded it, that doesn't mean her behavior didn't mean to be addressed. I bet she won't call you bragging any more ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:10 AM
3 moms liked this
It's funny I posted the problem last week and everyone said I should say something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)