Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will support her if imy daughter was pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
7 moms liked this

If my daughter (soon to be a teen) came home at age 15-16 and told me she was pregnant. i wouldn't kick her out but inform her of all her options. If she decides to keep the baby i would ensure she finishes school and has at least a part time job. School's here have daycare for teen mother's which is free. she will step up and do the right thing for her child. I could never throw my daughter or grandchild out on their asses. I don't understand how some of you ladies can say you would...Love shouldn't stop just because your child didn't grow up the way YOU planned. Shit happens you learn to deal with it or your going to miss out on something amazing.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phantomphan
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Agree 100%
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM

BUMP!

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
This.....she will always be my daughter and my job is to do the best I can to help her be a functioning and contributing member of society. her getting pregnant as a teen doesn't change that for me.

Quoting phantomphan:

Agree 100%
singlemama0905
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't have a daughter right now, but if my son were to get someone pregnant, I'd support them both. My son WOULD be working to help at least some financially. My son WOULD step up and help out with the child, no if ands or buts. Takes 2 to have a baby, he will be helping in raising the child. I'm a single mom, my son's dad hasn't helped with anything and has never seen him. I won't allow him to have a child and not do his part as a father if he's still living under my roof
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I don't really know. I don't think I will ever know unless I am in that unfortunate situation... but I do hope I would stand by my child. I know I would probably be upset. I hope I wouldn't say things I don't mean that would hurt her, but I wouldn't be nice about it. It's just something you don't really know until you're there. I like to think I wouldn't kick her out, but at the same time I wouldn't cushion the situation. She would have to take care of her baby.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM

i would do the same.  i can't understand the parents who don't support their children no matter the situation.  

macbudsmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Kids make mistakes.  I chose to have them anyway.  If one has unprotected sex, I will not disown them.  If I disowned them, that just says I'm a sucky parent.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I don't understand why schools should have daycares. That's just sad. It's like they're condoning teen pregnancy! 

I also don't understand those parents that abandon their kids because of a poor choice. I would be there for my kids too no matter what happened.

brebugmom91
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I agree. When I got pregnant at 15 I went to a "homeschool" type thing, and took care of DD. I worked for a few weeks, but my Dad died and we started getting SS, so I quit.

What my Mom did for me, would be exactly what I'd do for my child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I don't get how parents would just be so quick to throw their child and grandchild on the streets. I was a teen mother and thank god my mother was there for me. She wasn't happy and didn't talk to me for a few months but she was there for the birth and cut the cord of her granddaughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured