Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I will support her if imy daughter was pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If my daughter (soon to be a teen) came home at age 15-16 and told me she was pregnant. i wouldn't kick her out but inform her of all her options. If she decides to keep the baby i would ensure she finishes school and has at least a part time job. School's here have daycare for teen mother's which is free. she will step up and do the right thing for her child. I could never throw my daughter or grandchild out on their asses. I don't understand how some of you ladies can say you would...Love shouldn't stop just because your child didn't grow up the way YOU planned. Shit happens you learn to deal with it or your going to miss out on something amazing.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
GrimmLotus
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I agree, as mother of 3 daughter's if such a thing happened I will support them 100%. Just because it isn't the future or life I wanted for them, that would still be my grand baby growing inside my child. I would do everything in my power to help them.
TariMeccico
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I agree 100%. The love for my child would never change.

Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I agree
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SoKamele
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

It would depend on what I told her before that happened. I'm not promoting any teen having sex.....that includes providing birth control or condoms.

But if I stated how something would go down after the fact...........I would follow thru with my plans.........If the child is old enough to make the adult decision to have sex........then they can also deal with the consequences.

mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I totally agree.  It would suck.  It would be hard.  I would try my hardest to push adoption.  But I wouldn't kick them out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM

What is the point in her having the child if everyone else is going to raise it? And have you ever watched Teen Mom? Those bitches never keep a job, let alone stay in school. I think that damn Chelsea and Amber have been trying for three years to get their GED LMAO

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

The concept of day cares at school was put forth in an effort to curb the drop out rate for teenage mothers. Girls will get pregnant in high school. A sad fact, but a fact none the less. It's nothing new. However, by incorporating day cares into high schools, it gives those girls one less excuse to drop out. And one more resource that will hopefully insure they ( the young mothers) go on and lead productive lives. Contribute to society as opposed to leeching off of it.

Quoting EvilAsh:

I don't understand why schools should have daycares. That's just sad. It's like they're condoning teen pregnancy! 

I also don't understand those parents that abandon their kids because of a poor choice. I would be there for my kids too no matter what happened.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM

It's stupid. If they get knocked up, it's their problem, they need to deal with the consequences. Sad tax payers' money goes toward daycare for poor choices. My best friend was 17 and pregnant and finished high school and went to college after as well. There's really no excuse if you want to stay in school and be successful.

Quoting Anonymous:

The concept of day cares at school was put forth in an effort to curb the drop out rate for teenage mothers. Girls will get pregnant in high school. A sad fact, but a fact none the less. It's nothing new. However, by incorporating day cares into high schools, it gives those girls one less excuse to drop out. And one more resource that will hopefully insure they ( the young mothers) go on and lead productive lives. Contribute to society as opposed to leeching off of it.

Quoting EvilAsh:

I don't understand why schools should have daycares. That's just sad. It's like they're condoning teen pregnancy! 

I also don't understand those parents that abandon their kids because of a poor choice. I would be there for my kids too no matter what happened.

CafeMom Tickers
jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't understand either.

If there was birth control for males...damn skippy my sons would be on it......sexually active or not!!

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

I would feel the same way, but I would be making it clear to her that getting pregnant is not what we want to happen in this house. I would be getting her on birth control the second I even thought she was sexually active, hell maybe even before that. 

I will never understand the parents that turn their back on their child when they need them the most.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Agreed! My mom actually told me when I was a teen if I got pregnant I could give her the baby and she would raise it for me...it was nice but I would never! I had my first at 20 and he's the best thing that ever happened to me!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN