Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are some weird things you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

Light switches must be all up or all down.  Especially on a double switch.  I actually rewired one because the fan switch was backwards.

I always buy things in twos.  If I require three of something I buy four.  This only applies to food.

All doors must be closed if no one is in the room.

Whenever I am going somewhere in my car...I have to let the song finish before I get out of the car.

I can't go to sleep if my keys aren't in my hat along with my debit card and ID card.  My boots have to be on the floor below.

I sleep with two small blankets.  One to cover my feet and one to curl up with around my face...I don't like my body covered with blankets.

I refuse to sleep under a fan.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary841108
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I cant stand when people sleep with socks on, I am notorious for creeping into my kids rooms at night and stealing their socks. Also I cant stand holey socks, it pisses me off lol so if i see even the tiniest hole in a sock, i have to rip it off the offenders foot and toss it in the trash.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM

That reminds me....  My socks are always inside out. 

Quoting mary841108:

I cant stand when people sleep with socks on, I am notorious for creeping into my kids rooms at night and stealing their socks. Also I cant stand holey socks, it pisses me off lol so if i see even the tiniest hole in a sock, i have to rip it off the offenders foot and toss it in the trash.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I like things in four's.  I have the "counting" type OCD, i count everything and it really bothers me when things arent in multiples of 4. I had twins so that really made me happy that I had an even number of kids right away. LOL!  I cant get gas unless my car is almost empty.  I wont get it if I have 1/4 or 1/2 tank left, even if im going on a trip.  I have to have aheavy blanket even in the summer, I cant sleep without one.  I have to sleep with a fan on too.   

JulieSantee
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM

ALL FANS MUST BE ON AT NIGHT!!!  Even in the dead of winter (it helps to live in Florida.)  Since they're needed most of the year, I get used to the noise they make.  No noise=No Sleep.  If it's cold I get an extra blanket and warmer clothes.

URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I can't stand when the lights are on and nobody is in the room

I have to have it less than 68 degrees..even in the winter. 

Heat makes me angry

I always feel like I'm going to die in the car...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I sleep with a pillow over my head.
4 is my magic number when washing my hands, 4 pumps of soap, 40 seconds washing, 4 paper towels.
I hate socks and avoid wearing them if at all possible.
I hate shots and needles so much that I opted for two natural births just to avoid the needles.
Apparently, according to people who've watched me, I tie things backwards, didn't even know that was possible.
I can't stand watching people sweep; because they don't do it how I do it.
I rearrange clothing on racks in stores, if they are out of order.
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Idk...I get told I'm weird all the time so I must do weird things but I can't think of any.

Hubs says I have very selective hearing...
I guess I don't shut our kitchen cupboards...
I take my son to the park no matter the weather...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I have a box fan that I have to have on at night...but it can't blow on me.

Quoting JulieSantee:

ALL FANS MUST BE ON AT NIGHT!!!  Even in the dead of winter (it helps to live in Florida.)  Since they're needed most of the year, I get used to the noise they make.  No noise=No Sleep.  If it's cold I get an extra blanket and warmer clothes.

JulieSantee
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I'm usually a sock hater....until it gets too cold.  Last christmas my daughter got a new doll.  One night before going to bed I noticed  the dolls socks weren't on and it was freezing.  So, yeah, I put socks on the doll because I felt bad for it.   

Quit looking at me like that!!!!  She was cold! lol

Quoting Anonymous:

That reminds me....  My socks are always inside out. 

Quoting mary841108:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I sort things at the register displays in the store.  If a candy bar is in the wrong box I fix it.  If there is one candy bar on top and an empty slot beneath it I even them out.

Quoting Anonymous:

I sleep with a pillow over my head.
4 is my magic number when washing my hands, 4 pumps of soap, 40 seconds washing, 4 paper towels.
I hate socks and avoid wearing them if at all possible.
I hate shots and needles so much that I opted for two natural births just to avoid the needles.
Apparently, according to people who've watched me, I tie things backwards, didn't even know that was possible.
I can't stand watching people sweep; because they don't do it how I do it.
I rearrange clothing on racks in stores, if they are out of order.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN