Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you clean up your child's puke at a restaraunt?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 170 Replies

Or do you just tell your server on the way out the door ? Twice in the past week I've had moms tell me as they were leaving that child puked on the floor and they're sorry. WTF? I don't clean puke......ever..........especially a strangers puke. If you do I just want you to know that is a nasty thing to do.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybabysmama35
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I have had to do that numerous times. My youngest dd used to throw up alot when she was a baby. I would never expect a stranger to clean up after my kid!!! I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

matofour
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:48 AM
3 moms liked this
My kids have only puked in a restaurant once.

At Disney.

And no we didn't clean it up, we started to, and our server yelled at us, (not in a mean way), that it was her job, and our job was to worry about our daughter. Do I think she wanted to clean up my kids puke. Nope. But, she was so overly nice, helpful and insisted it was her job not ours.

We tipped extremely heavy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM
My child has never puked.
BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Haha. No! I did tell someone right away. The business has the cleaning supplies to clean that nasty stuff up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I would wipe up the best I could, but honestly the last bit would be up to the restaurant.  It's not like I carry bleach and carpet cleaner with me.  I would apologize profusely and leave a big tip. 

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I havnt had that problem. But i would make an attempt to clean up as well as i could my childs vommit. Ive been a waitress, it stinks sometimes, but i figured it was just a hazard of the job. I only care to wait on, feed and clean up after my own family. I dont think i could do it again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Its only happen to me once and YES, I cleaned it up as well as I could and left a huge tip for who ever had to disinfect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM

no we clean it up, thats gross :(

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I would clean it up.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:53 AM

No, I would clean it up. If it was all over the floor I might ask for a mop though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)