Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my mom confession of the year... my parents are pressing charges ..*long*

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 45 Replies

***warning full of drama***

so i'm a teen mom. i have a 10 month old daughter. My parents help support me most of the time. My parents do not live together and have spouses so with each parent comes a bunch of disagreements on what i should do, but they all seem to agree that i need to graduate which for me it's not a option not to.

My daughters father is working a ski/snowboard resort, but once winter leaves, he wont be working there anymore. He helps out every once in awhile. he comes to see her and when she's sick he'll bring out juice or whatever i tell him she needs.

but there is a lot of tension between my dad, stepmom and daughters father.

the first time he saw our daughter he didnt feel comfortable meeting the whole family. he was overwhelmed by seeing her. but my dad and stepmom basically said he had to meet everyone or leave and never come back. so he met everyone. he came over a few time after that but felt awkward because my family would either ignore him or be right next to him the entire time he was here to see our daughter.

seeing as he doesnt have the best job and is only making 7.25 an hour he can't afford much. And my stepmom complains about him not seeing our daughter enough. He does try. He just wants to be able to spend time with me and our daughter without my family making him feel out of place.

but since he doesnt come around too much my stepmom started pressuring my dad to press charges against him for rape. Because i was 16 and he was 20. and where wwe live thats illegal. consent can be given at 17 but the other party can't be older than 18. seeing as i was 16 and he was 20 and willingly admitted to knowing my age, he is facing trouble.

my dad went through with filing agaisnt him. I told my dad i didnt feel it was right because if anthony were to come around more my dad wouldnt have filed.

my family has been in and out of family court my entire life. it was never about the best interest of the child. it was always about the child support.

i dont want that for my daughter. ive told this to my daughter father, my father and my stepmom. my parents told me that they'd back off and allow me to handle the situation because i told them it was my issue, i made the problem i should clean it up. I'm considered an adult anyway, so i should act it and handle my messes. my dad threw a huge screaming fit and said that i was being ignorant and my stepmom said she'd respect my wishes.

Well my parents went behind my back and went to the police department not once but twice to put pressure on the office to arrest my daughters dad and not only that when they went there my stepmom threw a huge scene, yelling and freaking out because the office wasnt doing what she wanted.

the officer called me and said that the state laws consider me to be an adult and therefore they cant give my parents info about any pending case concerning me and anyone else.

i have to talk to the da when he gets back into his office. i know what i'm going to tell him. but i dont know what im going to do when my parents get wind of whats happening. My parents are only charging him because they say that the good guys get the screwing.

what they mean by this is that my dad was charged by my mom when she was 15 and he was 27.

so in the least im extemely stressed and confused on things. i live with my parents so really i have to respect there wishes but at the same time they dont respect me so.... i dont know what to do. help?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beautiful.GIRL1
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM

bump

areyouatroll
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM
3 moms liked this
Honestly, I would apply for welfare, move out, graduate high school, go to college, (all the while being on welfare) graduate college- get a job and say fuck you to my dad and step-mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I dont know what to say other then goodluck and that i hope it all works out for you.
afwifeandmommy3
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I would tell the truth to the da . I would not allow my parents to do this . I think you need to get a job and move somewhere he can participate in his child's life . It's time to grow up . It will be hard . Do the right thing not the easy thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I'd start by getting out of their home. Is living with your mom an option? The whole situation sounds messed up. Good luck.
jerseydiva
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I think instead of rape charges, you need to file for child support, the DAD of your child needs to step up to the plate and support his child.

beautiful.GIRL1
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM

well i graduate in june. so i dont have too long at all. i'm hoping that i can just rough it out and keep everything concerning the charges on the down low. and then when i graduate move out and take classes and get a job. i get daycare assistance now, because im still in high school but i was told that if i get a job after graduation i'll still get the help for daycare.

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Dude.... Remind them of them....15 & 27??!!!!!

There is all kinds of fucked up there.
I'm sorry mama
aikimomof3
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I'm sorry your parents are being vindictive and won't let you make your own decisions regarding your child. Are you emancipated?

aikimomof3
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Also you should file for child support from the baby's father. It sounds like he's not contributing much. I get that he doesn't make a lot of money, but it takes 2 to tango and it's not fair to your parents to have to provide more for the baby than the baby's own father does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN