Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

if YOU personally know so many PA abusers...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
3 moms liked this
and the only thing you do with that knowledge is come on Cafemom and complain about it, then YOU are part of the problem. Yes, you. You are complicit and an accomplice to the alleged abuse.

Coming on Cafemom and bitching that you're a taxpayer and you're sick of people abusing PA does absolutely NOTHING to even remotely deal with the issue.

If you can log in to CM, I'm willing to bet you are capable of Googling your state's Report Welfare Fraud page/link. You report this rampant fraud you apparently know about, the subject of the allegations is investigated, and of the allegations are true, the PA is halted and you have saved yourself and taxpayers around the country from wasting money and you've also helped to reduce fraud cases. Win-win.

-----

Honestly, when someone comes on here claiming they know all these people who abuse PA, I assume they must be on it as well...or at least surround themselves with irresponsible acquaintances. If you really know all these people and all this abuse, report it. It's the right thing to do, your responsibility, and the only way to reduce the problem that you bitch about.

I don't know ANYONE who abuses PA. Hell, if anyone I know is even on it, I'm not aware. So for you to know A) someone is on PA and B) they are abusing it, then it's only logical that you know these people and their situations personally. So do something about it or STFU.

*bows and exits stage left*
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Corrylove
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Hahaha... Very well said:))))))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I don't know any people on PA at all.   Everyone I know has a well paying job and we discuss their work.   

I just know that I pay $22,500 in taxes every month and a good portion of that goes to PA, and we all know there are people who abuse it, or live on it for years.

bcoll
by Brandi on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Honestly, I only know one person on PA (that I'm aware of)

And I don't think she's abusing the  system. She is not offered health insurance through work, yet our state requires EVERYONE to have insurance or be penalized. She has private insurance but the state pays a portion of it.

my4kidsrock2
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I agree, in theory. But my cousin was abusing the system bad for 3 years. I turned her in and so did my grandma several times, but no one ever investigated anything until her felon boyfriend, who was not supposed to be living with her in the first place, got busted for selling illegal guns out of there income based housing. After they searched the apartment and found more guns and drugs they took the kids and my cousin and her bf went to prison. That was when the PA stopped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM
So you're paying 270,000 in taxes per year? For some reason that's hard to believe. What's your salary?

But yeah I'm right there with you...my friends and I don't discuss income/lack of income/etc.

Quoting Val99:

I don't know any people on PA at all.   Everyone I know has a well paying job and we discuss their work.   

I just know that I pay $22,500 in taxes every month and a good portion of that goes to PA, and we all know there are people who abuse it, or live on it for years.

LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I agree, however I have reported the couple I know that is abusing PA- and nothing has been done. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I know one person who is. But as she's my sister and it will cause untold drama I can't do anything about it. She works, she needs it, she just omits the fact so many people (adults) live in her house.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Yes, my husband and I pay @ $270,000 a year (last years value anyway, this years are with the tax attorney).  Our annual income from base salary is over $600,000.  Add to that stock options, capital gains, bonuses, etc. and we pay for a small village with our taxes.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're paying 270,000 in taxes per year? For some reason that's hard to believe. What's your salary?

But yeah I'm right there with you...my friends and I don't discuss income/lack of income/etc.

Quoting Val99:

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM

i know 2 people abusing it.  and, you're right, i complain about it to anyone who will listen, but i've never done anything about it.  my husband tells me to stay out of it.  and, i'm afraid if i report them, they will know it's me and i don't deal well with confrontation.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I don't know anyone abusing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)