Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so what are you getting for easter?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies

Well Easter is right around the corner so what are you getting your kids?

I always get my kids something they need and a small Easter basket with candy..

This year all three kids will get sandals, and a few summer outfits....My DD(6) will get a bike because she has outgrown her old one and is in need of a new one...The 2 boys I am not sure what they will get as their need gift...Plus each child will get a pail and shovel with some candy in it

***While some of you find it weird to give gifts on Easter I find it weird not to...lol Growing up I always got gifts on Easter nothing to big usually some clothes and something we needed plus a basket with some candy...We don't wrap anything and we feel if we have to buy stuff for the kids anyways we mind as well give it to them on holidays  for example DD needs a bike so instead of just going out and buying one for the hell of it she will get it as a Easter gift..They all need summer clothes so why not give them each few outfits on Easter...

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Outdoor stuff. 

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

do people give their kids easter gifts?  really?  mine get small easter baskets, but no gifts.  i didn't know that was a "thing".

GrimmLotus
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Nothing

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Is this a joke? Do people give gifts on Easter? We celebrate the biblical feast first fruits.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Nothing.  Not a gift holiday.

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM

My kids are adults...so nothing. lol  I occasionally give them a Dove chocolate rabbit or something...or maybe some peanut butter eggs. That's it. 

babyblue415
by champagne on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM

one easter basket each.

Kitschy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM

We are having a superhero themed Easter. We are dying eggs and putting temp tattoos with superhero logos on them. I'm waiting for the catalog to update online for the chocolate boutique we get their chocolate at. For sure they will each get a bunny. I'm not sure what else they will have this year though. Also they will get some super hero PJ's and some action figures

kzuehlk
My kids get an easter basket with a little bit of candy, a new swim suit, and some sand toys every year. We spend a lot of time on the beach during the summer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tab022308

Dd usually gets a coloring book,bubbles a spring outfit in her basket and whatever else grandparents send for Easter.

I have always gotten gifts on Easter all the way up till I left the house my senior year Easter basket was a car jack,fix a flat and jumper cables for my car..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)