Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am on meds for bipolar

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

Ask me anything. I take trazadone and Citalopram. I attempted to kill myself 3 times as a teen 2 over doses and tried to hang myself in my closet..

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaygarcia97
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM
No questions I'm Bipolar with GAD and OCD
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM
No questions. I am also bipolar
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I have bipolar too.  Big deal.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM

No questions. HUG!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

My mother was an unmedicated bipolar, and I have been diagnosed with severe depression and panic disorder. My medication is no longer working properly, and DH is wondering whether I am developing bipolar disorder (alot of little things that are new developments for us). I am new to town so trying to find a psychiatrist. What can I expect in testing?

wigglesmomma22
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Neither one of those are particularly bipolar meds though.  Trazodone is an antidepressant mostly used to aide in sleep, and citalopram is an antidepressant.  Can I ask why you aren't on a depokote or some other mood stabilizer?  Are those two antidepressants enough to stabilize you?  Just curious..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

ALOT of questions. to get a better feel of how bad it is and how to go about treating you. Every doctor is also diffrent so it depends on what course the doctor you see want's to take in testing you. good luck and remember to keep your chin up

Quoting Anonymous:

My mother was an unmedicated bipolar, and I have been diagnosed with severe depression and panic disorder. My medication is no longer working properly, and DH is wondering whether I am developing bipolar disorder (alot of little things that are new developments for us). I am new to town so trying to find a psychiatrist. What can I expect in testing?

mamabear55
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I have found a lot of women are here, as well. 

It seems to be much more common now.

NiCo86
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I'm bi polar, though I have never been suicidal. I am on Wellbutrin XL, Zyprexa, and Klonopin. I hope your medications are helping you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I tried almost everything out there and half of them made it hard to stay awake and was causing some liver problems. so far these meds are working for me. I also take B12 and yoga helps with my mood swings  

Quoting wigglesmomma22:

Neither one of those are particularly bipolar meds though.  Trazodone is an antidepressant mostly used to aide in sleep, and citalopram is an antidepressant.  Can I ask why you aren't on a depokote or some other mood stabilizer?  Are those two antidepressants enough to stabilize you?  Just curious..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)