Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rude a** house guests--ETA FOR THE 3 OTHER ROOMS.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 155 Replies
Edit:
One room is my moms "office", the other is the "home gym" and the third is DS playroom. With me having to move all of my stuff out of the room, the gym is where I had to put it all and my mom uses her office to get away from my dad all the time. The playroom is out of the question because there is no way DS will fall asleep with all of his toys in with him. Lol

Ugh.

I live with my parents, first off. (Before I fet bashed with the stupid cliche "then move out" bs, obviously if I could, I would! Only a few more months and I'll be well off enough to support DS and myself...so please don't even go there). I also pay rent. It's not a lot but I do pay rent and my other bills. $300 for rent if anyone asks.

Anyways, they have guests coming to visit for the Daytona 500 and they fly in today.

Here comes my issue....

They requested that I give up MY room and bed and requested that they both have 2 pillows each.

My DS and I stay in one room. That is the only space we have. My parents have a fucking 5 bedroom home but I am requested to give up my one space. When my ex husband and I seperated, I took what I came into the marriage with and everything of DS'. Obviously, my room is cramped because we moved from a 3 bedroom home, to a small bedroom.

I was then given a list of tasks to complete before they come.

This has included (and I got no help), hands and knees scrubbed tile floors (the entire house is tile btw), wash all windows, clean, wash sheets, uncramp my room (meaning take all my shit out of my room and find another place for it), scrub the bathroom, clean all glass, top to bottom dust, vacuum, scrub all appliances, counter tops, baseboards, fake plants, etc.

Now all of that is 100% reasonable and because I'm grateful for my parents for allowing me and DS to stay here, I usually take care of the cleaning and do it on a regular basis. The home is always clean. When my mom requests these type things...it's not normal cleaning, it has to be hands knees, toothbrush, etc type cleaning and then inspects it and criticizes it all and how it needs to be better.

The fact is, these aren't my people!! My parents could have offered their bed, my dad (who is just sitting on the computer), is doing nothing and haven't helped with a damn thing.

Then, I have to give up my pillow, too to honor their request of 2 pillows each.

I refuse to give up DS' pillow. So, I have to make a pallet on a cold ass tile floor for myself, DS has to sleep on the couch.

This would be okay if it were only for a few days....no! This is going to happen for 12 days!!!

I know this is petty but a little help would have been nice, not honoring a stupid request that put both me and DS out of a bed when there are 3 other rooms and my pillow.

Sorry has to get that out. I won't say anything to anyone here because I'm a nice person.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nathansmommy331
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:12 PM
3 moms liked this
Tell them to FUCK OFF! You said there are 3 other rooms so tell them to pick one of those!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM
4 moms liked this

& then her Parents will tell her to move the FUCK out.....

your "advice" is really immature

Quoting nathansmommy331:

Tell them to FUCK OFF! You said there are 3 other rooms so tell them to pick one of those!

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM
If there is 3 other rooms can't you and your son sleep in one instead of the floor?. I'd also tell the guests to bring their own pillows.
RLT2
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

What's up with all the other bedrooms? This is weird.

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM
4 moms liked this

You pay rent for your room. I would have a long talk with mom and dad about you not paying rent for the time they have guests. This is so messed up.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I don't really have any advice. Your parents sound completely unreasonable. What's in the other bedrooms? Why can't they use one of those?
sarah427
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I would tell then to dream on! You pay rent, so that room belongs to you. Period.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh.

I live with my parents, first off. (Before I fet bashed with the stupid cliche "then move out" bs, obviously if I could, I would! Only a few more months and I'll be well off enough to support DS and myself...so please don't even go there). I also pay rent. It's not a lot but I do pay rent and my other bills. $300 for rent if anyone asks.

Anyways, they have guests coming to visit for the Daytona 500 and they fly in today.

Here comes my issue....

They requested that I give up MY room and bed and requested that they both have 2 pillows each.

My DS and I stay in one room. That is the only space we have. My parents have a fucking 5 bedroom home but I am requested to give up my one space. When my ex husband and I seperated, I took what I came into the marriage with and everything of DS'. Obviously, my room is cramped because we moved from a 3 bedroom home, to a small bedroom.

I was then given a list of tasks to complete before they come.

This has included (and I got no help), hands and knees scrubbed tile floors (the entire house is tile btw), wash all windows, clean, wash sheets, uncramp my room (meaning take all my shit out of my room and find another place for it), scrub the bathroom, clean all glass, top to bottom dust, vacuum, scrub all appliances, counter tops, baseboards, fake plants, etc.

Now all of that is 100% reasonable and because I'm grateful for my parents for allowing me and DS to stay here, I usually take care of the cleaning and do it on a regular basis. The home is always clean. When my mom requests these type things...it's not normal cleaning, it has to be hands knees, toothbrush, etc type cleaning and then inspects it and criticizes it all and how it needs to be better.

The fact is, these aren't my people!! My parents could have offered their bed, my dad (who is just sitting on the computer), is doing nothing and haven't helped with a damn thing.

Then, I have to give up my pillow, too to honor their request of 2 pillows each.

I refuse to give up DS' pillow. So, I have to make a pallet on a cold ass tile floor for myself, DS has to sleep on the couch.

This would be okay if it were only for a few days....no! This is going to happen for 12 days!!!

I know this is petty but a little help would have been nice, not honoring a stupid request that put both me and DS out of a bed when there are 3 other rooms and my pillow.

Sorry has to get that out. I won't say anything to anyone here because I'm a nice person.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

If there are 5 bedrooms, what about the other rooms?

In all honesty, your parents sound unreasonable in their list of requests.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I think it's your parents not the guests. They don't want you there and are making you super uncomfortable so that you can get the F out their house! 

MaskedMomma
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

you cant move to another bedroom?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN