Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I took a homeless man to lunch. *1ST UPDATE*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It's wet and really cold outside so i offered to take him to lunch and he was very grateful for the hot meal and someone to talk to. His house burned down and is a disabled vet. He has his dog with him so i went to petco and bought him a 40lb bag of dog food and some doggy toy's. I also gave him my little 2 man tent and a few thick blankets. I plan to take him to lunch every week just to make sure he eats and i told him once spring an summer come around i would pay him for lawn care 3 times a week. I will pay him 15 an hour just so i know he can atleast eat and use the truck stop showers..I hope one day he can pay it forward

I saw him by the bus stop and he waved at me so i decided to stop and see how he was and if he still wanted to come help with yard work. Well he got a job at a local supermarket for overnight stock but he said he would be more then happy to help us rake mow and whatever else we needed help with no charge. I noticed his dog wasn't with him and asked how he was and sadly i learned his dog was killed by a couple teenager's he didn't go into detail but it made me super sad that dog was his best friend. He is renting one of those rent by the week motel rooms and i was thinking of getting him a new puppy but i don't know if that would be rude or if he's ready for a new friend...

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM

15 an hour is more than my husband makes LOL. I can sympathize with him with the fire situation. It sucks, been there.

Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I think that's a great thing to do. And THANK YOU for going anon. I hope your post inspires someone else.

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Hopefully, he will appreciate it. That was very nice of you * thumbs up *
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilygracesmoma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM
:-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I once offered a homeless man money in front of a Burger King so he could go in and get something and he said "thanks but ill put it towards a hit instead" (drugs)... Ridiculous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM

That was very nice of you. 

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Wow thats wonderful!! I hope it warms up soon where you are. Maybe you can look into st vincent de paul or the salvation army I know they have services that help people get apartments.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Oh sweetie, that's what all the bums say. He's going to be one high, drunk and happy bum!!! Good for you! Do for those that don't do for themselves... so that they can continue doing nothing for themselves. 

Gardeningmom4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Good job.Keep us updated on how he is doing.

MeAndTommyLee
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I really like you, whomever you are.  What a wonderful heart. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN