Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I took a homeless man to lunch. *1ST UPDATE*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It's wet and really cold outside so i offered to take him to lunch and he was very grateful for the hot meal and someone to talk to. His house burned down and is a disabled vet. He has his dog with him so i went to petco and bought him a 40lb bag of dog food and some doggy toy's. I also gave him my little 2 man tent and a few thick blankets. I plan to take him to lunch every week just to make sure he eats and i told him once spring an summer come around i would pay him for lawn care 3 times a week. I will pay him 15 an hour just so i know he can atleast eat and use the truck stop showers..I hope one day he can pay it forward

I saw him by the bus stop and he waved at me so i decided to stop and see how he was and if he still wanted to come help with yard work. Well he got a job at a local supermarket for overnight stock but he said he would be more then happy to help us rake mow and whatever else we needed help with no charge. I noticed his dog wasn't with him and asked how he was and sadly i learned his dog was killed by a couple teenager's he didn't go into detail but it made me super sad that dog was his best friend. He is renting one of those rent by the week motel rooms and i was thinking of getting him a new puppy but i don't know if that would be rude or if he's ready for a new friend...

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM

:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM
3 moms liked this

Not all homeless people are druggies and drunks and i will not label anyone even if i was proven wrong 100 time's i have faith in people and i always will.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I knew a couple thats was homeless for a while because of job lost and no were else to go you dont have to help homeless people but dont think they are all drug addicts

Quoting Anonymous:

Your right only the ones out peddling for money and preying on sweet kind hearted people like OP.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not all homeless people are on drugs or drunks

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh sweetie, that's what all the bums say. He's going to be one high, drunk and happy bum!!! Good for you! Do for those that don't do for themselves... so that they can continue doing nothing for themselves. 

marihla
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Yes I know. It's frustrating even to an outsider. I think that's disgusting.

Quoting Master_Debater:

To your question, America is notorious for doing jack shit for veterans period, especially the ones from older wars. :(

Quoting marihla:

I thought the same damn thing. AND why the hell isn't America taking care of the disabled vets?

Hopefully he will be in the position to pay it forward one day.

Quoting kathislove80:

That's awesome
In all seriousness, where is he going to put the dog food?

aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:38 PM
How nice !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM

That's awesome. I tried to buy a guy breakfast once and he turned me down because he had $400. LOL

Baby4us09
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM

People like you make a great difference in this world.

Did he take you up on your offer to do your lawn?

tarakay0417
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:41 PM
That is awesome of you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armstrong7984
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Aww
nelsjb
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:42 PM

That's really sweet of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN