Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What would you do if a friend or family member posted this on facebook?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 154 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do if a friend or family member posted this on facebook?

Options:

I would have reported it

I wouldn't have reported it but I would secretly hope someone else would

I wouldn't report it

I would set up a time to go buy some of her foodstamps

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 297

View Results

"Looking to sell some of our foodstamps,  We get more then enough and we need cash. We have extra each month so right now, we have over $2200 worth that we can sell. I will meet anyone who wants to buy them at any grocery store, pay for their groceries with my card and they give me 70% of what they use in cash, any takers?"

This is what my cousin had on her facebook wall. I took a screen shot and called the welfare office to report fraud, they had me e-mail the page I took and promised that I would be able to remain anonymous. The funny thing is, they told me I wasn't even the only one to report the post to them.

The reason why I did this is because I am sick of my cousin and her boyfriend abusing the system. They get medicaid for all 3 kids (2 years and twin 1 year olds), food stamps and WIC yet they are always asking family members for money. They youngest two (twins) were born addicted to drugs and spent 8 weeks in the hospital (on tax payer's dime because they are on medicaid) and I suspect that she and her SO are back to using drugs. My cousin stays at home and the kids, according to her mom, sit in their cribs all day long The grandparents buy just about everything for the kids and my aunt has been trying to her her DD to let her take the kids until she and her SO and get their lives together. Also, this is the same chick who called me two weeks ago asking me for money for milk because they were out and they didn't have any money, I looked up and found out through WIC, she is getting either 12 gallons of milk  or 9 gallons of milk and 3 LBS of cheese per month for free.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM
6 moms liked this

dumbass deserves to be caught

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM
6 moms liked this

I wouldn't have done anything. Other then call my sister and gossip about our cousin, I mean.

smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I would report it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I would. That stuff pisses me off.
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Report it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't really give a flying fuck what she does with her foodstamps. I hate people like you. 

le.sigh.333
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

dumbass deserves to be caught

egrzesik91
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I would have called!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM
4 moms liked this

That is your family and you jut screwed over those children even more. Good Job Cuz!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM
10 moms liked this

Is that my cousin posting?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't really give a flying fuck what she does with her foodstamps. I hate people like you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)