Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My two year old is showing signs of being ready to potty train, I have taken him to the store to let him pick out underwear. He is doing ok, but it seems he needs a better incentive to go or he will just go in his pants and still play.

What has worked well for you and your child? Stickers, toys, snacks...? I have a set of happy face stickers, but he is tired of them lol. I cheer for him when he goes and do not scold him when he has an accident. I know it will take time but I want to make it fun for him. Advice??

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Replies (21-23):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Genius!  I don't know that at two he will fully understand that but it may be worth a shot! 

Quoting SadieW12:

Cotton balls in a medium sized jar, when he fills the jar with cotton balls (1 for peeing, 2 for pooping) he gets an item hes really wanted (toy, icecream date, etc.)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I HOPE he is ready, he IS showing the signs but I will dedicate a week to it to see.  IF he is not getting it I will back off for a bit and try again later.  But so far, so good!  It's late for me though because I had two girls first and they trained within the first couple of weeks after turning two.  He will be three in april. 

Quoting Aloysious:

those hershey drops are amazing or the kisses.  My little one got one every time he pottied.  after the bag ran out, I didn't buy anymore.

and I also must add-Lucky!!  Neither of mine had no interest whatsoever until after they turned 3.  Thing 2 is now potty trained-he tells me when he has to go and hasn't had any accidents for a few weeks now.  We have now also stopped wearing diapers to bed.  He's 3 years and 3 months.  My oldest was 3.5.

Of course this means I keep finding new diapers all over the place that I have no idea what to do with.

SadieW12
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM

My mother did that for my autistic brother to help him learn and make it fun. It works really well and is great. If he needs to see the item he's working for put it in the jar and cover it with the cotton balls, when they are all gone he can take the item out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Genius!  I don't know that at two he will fully understand that but it may be worth a shot! 

Quoting SadieW12:

Cotton balls in a medium sized jar, when he fills the jar with cotton balls (1 for peeing, 2 for pooping) he gets an item hes really wanted (toy, icecream date, etc.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured