Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

a letter to my landlord.....vent cussing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How fucking dare come into my house and ask me a question about what the light company said and then interrupt me while im giving you an answer! and then get an attitude when i ask you not to interrupt me. How dare you come into my home and tell me that i need to clean it! yes there may be baby toys on the floor when you come here and no my dishes from breakfast or lunch may not ALWAY be dont. but my house is in no way a pig sty all because you dont like my kids toys on the floor.(mind you that my kids were just playing with, i asked them to move so i could open the door) How dare you come into my house, that i pay rent to live in and disrespect me the way you just did?! you are a piece of shit and i cant wait untill i sign the lease on this better house and i hope the city condemns this bitch! the porch is falling through and you just put concrete in a crack or around a piece  of cinder block and expect the city to say that it is fixed! i fucking hate you! you are the biggest slum lord i have ever met and i hope the city sticks every violation to your ass!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM

it wasnt even an inspection, he was doing somethings outside to the porch the city told him he had to fix and he came in to tell me what was up and ask me about what the power comany said about my bill doubling in 3 months and thats when he told me to clean my house it was a pig sty. and this is the 2nd time. the 1st time he came to fix someting under the sink and i had just finished cooking breakfst and there was something on the stove that had boiled over or something and he told me "you need to keep this stove cleaner or you will have bugs" wtf?! i just finished cooking. the burner was still hot!

Quoting Sassy762:

A LL can only enter your house on an emergency basis but otherwise they have to give you notice in writing for just an inspection.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:45 PM

In my state a landlord can only come into your rented space if their is a fire or a flood. They can not demand to come in.  They need to give you 24 notice.  Move.

tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:45 PM
3 moms liked this

Landlords cannot do anything they want just because they are the owner. They can't come in anytime they want. They have to give notice or have a legitimate emergency. 

Quoting AntzMom24:

I understand that you're upset, but it's not your home. You rent. Until you pay a mortgage and not rent, the house is technically not your home. Landlords can have any rules they want for their tenants and come in at any time they want. Yes, he may be a slum lord and you may hate him, but in the end he's the one footing the bill for any damage you do. He may be worried about bugs with the dirtiness of the house. Or he could be a complete prick. Either way, his house his rules. Just like living in your parents house only with bigger bills.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:45 PM

How fucking dare come into my house

I stopped there, for one its not your house,second if you plan on sending that I hope youplan on getting evicted.

DiANAiVELiSSE
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM

OMG! How dare the person that actually OWNS THE HOME , come in to ask questions about the condition of the home.. The nerve of some people

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Actually, if you rent a place and damage it the renter is responsible for damages. That's what a deposit typically covers, unless damage is more than the deposit, then the land lord can take it to court if you won't cover the remaining costs.

"His house, his rules?"  That's now how it works.  In most states when renting a place the land lord can not enter without reasonable cause and must do inspection at reasonable hours.  When you rent a house or whatever else you are in possession of that property. If he took it to court and said there were toys on the floor and a few dishes in the sink he'd most likely get his case dismissed.  Now if the house is completely trashed.. that is a different story.

If you pay rent on a place it can be considered your home. The correct term is that it's not her house. 

Quoting AntzMom24:

I understand that you're upset, but it's not your home. You rent. Until you pay a mortgage and not rent, the house is technically not your home. Landlords can have any rules they want for their tenants and come in at any time they want. Yes, he may be a slum lord and you may hate him, but in the end he's the one footing the bill for any damage you do. He may be worried about bugs with the dirtiness of the house. Or he could be a complete prick. Either way, his house his rules. Just like living in your parents house only with bigger bills.

MrsBridges19
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM

It is her's.  Perhaps you should read some more of the replies?

Quoting notjstasocermom:

I stopped there, for one its not your house,second if you plan on sending that I hope youplan on getting evicted.

goddiddlyumshis
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM
well, you chose to live there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I did read it.

Quoting MrsBridges19:

It is her's.  Perhaps you should read some more of the replies?

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM
baby girl report his ignorant ass.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)