Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

a letter to my landlord.....vent cussing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How fucking dare come into my house and ask me a question about what the light company said and then interrupt me while im giving you an answer! and then get an attitude when i ask you not to interrupt me. How dare you come into my home and tell me that i need to clean it! yes there may be baby toys on the floor when you come here and no my dishes from breakfast or lunch may not ALWAY be dont. but my house is in no way a pig sty all because you dont like my kids toys on the floor.(mind you that my kids were just playing with, i asked them to move so i could open the door) How dare you come into my house, that i pay rent to live in and disrespect me the way you just did?! you are a piece of shit and i cant wait untill i sign the lease on this better house and i hope the city condemns this bitch! the porch is falling through and you just put concrete in a crack or around a piece  of cinder block and expect the city to say that it is fixed! i fucking hate you! you are the biggest slum lord i have ever met and i hope the city sticks every violation to your ass!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:09 PM

he wasnt like this the 1st few months, and after talking to the ppl who rented before he did the same shit to them

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

well, you chose to live there.

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM

isn't it universal that the Landlord has to give 24 hours notice? I know that is the case for coming into the home while you are not there, at least from my past experiences. In the future, if he just randomly stops by, I would say "i'm really sorry, I'm super busy with the kids. Could we do this another time?" and not let him in. If it continues, I would research tenant rights in your state.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM

he was checking on repairs that the guys were doing to the porch and he knocked on the door to ask me what the power company said about the bill doubling in the last 3 months(they had to replace the air handler, we had told them for 2 months our bill was outragous) he cut me off, tried to tell me it was because i didnt have the store windows clothed(not all the windows have them, plus they are single pane windows and there is a 1/2 in gap in all the windows and we have put the tape on the windows to stop the air) and i asked him to interrupt me and he told me that i had an attitude and then told me my home was a pig sty and i needed to clean it

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Why was the LL in your home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM

he was here checking on repairs(that we didnt he was doing) and he was asking me about something the power company said. trust me girl i know the laws up and down lol my parents rent out houses and i have the landlord/tennant handbook printed out lol

Quoting jj4ij:

A landlord has to give you 24 hours written notice before entering your property.  You did not even have to let him in unless he gave you that notice.  You need to look up the Landlord/Tennant laws in your area.  If you are able to move, then move !

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM
That's why there's landlord/tenant rights. He can't just come in without notice. Period.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM

he wasnt even doing an inspection on the inside. he was here checking on the work that they were doing on my porch. trust and believe i know my rights as a tennant lol. he is just mad that he has to do all this work the city ismaking him do and he is going to try and banaid it. my porch is sinking and the cinder blocks that form the bottom are coming, today he sent his son over to put some concrete around where the block is coming out from, like thats going to stop it from moving! im glad we are leavign here soon

Quoting Brooke-Nicole:

This.

There are rules to protect tenants. Landlords can't come and go as they please and do what they want with the house that you occupy. People who say otherwise don't know what they're talking about.

He can do inspections with notice and can enter the home with your permission during other times (for repairs and such), except in cases previously mentioned by the Anon poster. That is generally a safe assumption.  Look at your local laws and also your lease.

Sounds like he was just being a douche.

Quoting Anonymous:

You shoudl probably look up your states Residential Landlord Tenant Act.   My current landlord is a giant pice of sh*t.  The building is falling apart does not obey electric code and he never fixes things.  We've always followed the legal routes of notifying him etc etc..    Everyone told me he could just come over or do whatever, whenever because he owned the place.     WRONG!!!!   Talked to a lawyer, and after just one 30min court proceding, he now owes us 4K, and will have to make an estimated 10K in repairs if he wants to keep the city from condemning the building!!!!

Look up the laws where you live!

piratehooker
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM
You're right.

Quoting Anonymous:

i might not own it but i pay to live here and they are not allowed to come into my house and tell me that it needs to be cleaned when there are just some damn toys on the floor. my parents rent out their homes to so i know exactly what a land lord can and cant do in this state so yea!

Quoting mary841108:

um baby girl i hate to break it to ya. ITS NOT YOUR HOME! you do not own it, the landlord does so go somewhere with that 'how dare you come into my home' chiz.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsBridges19
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

OP, I would call a lawyer and see what they can do for you while you're in the process of finding a new place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM
How dare he make repairs so that you sweet child can live comfortably
And yes of his house is filthy he can tell you to clean it or get the fuck out.

I doubt it was as clean as you say though. Liar.

Quoting Anonymous:

he was here checking on repairs(that we didnt he was doing) and he was asking me about something the power company said. trust me girl i know the laws up and down lol my parents rent out houses and i have the landlord/tennant handbook printed out lol

Quoting jj4ij:

A landlord has to give you 24 hours written notice before entering your property.  You did not even have to let him in unless he gave you that notice.  You need to look up the Landlord/Tennant laws in your area.  If you are able to move, then move !

Brooke-Nicole
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Actually, he can't just tell her to get the f*ck out no matter what the condition of the house is in.

There is a process that he has to follow, which is eviction. That's the law with or without  a lease.  

My husband's friend lived with us last year, in a house we rented.  He was a mooch and refused to help with anything and I tried to get him to leave and he wouldn't.  My landlord couldn't kick him out either, he had to be evicted.  He was ordered to vacate within 10 days.

Quoting Anonymous:

How dare he make repairs so that you sweet child can live comfortably
And yes of his house is filthy he can tell you to clean it or get the fuck out.

I doubt it was as clean as you say though. Liar.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting jj4ij:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN