Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They wonder why they get angry customers! ( Long. Conversation added)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

I used to work for a cell phone company in Canada. My cell phone is still with that company. Anyway, I have this charge on my bill that I can't seem to get removed. I have called in a few times, but nothing's happened. I've also gone into the store ( they are a Dealer and can't remove the feature themselves.) They've called in for me and haven't got anywhere with it either. 

Today I decided to try their online customer support chat. Boy, oh boy. What a headache. I wasted almost an hour getting nowhere. I saved the conversation so I can show a friend that works at the store. 

2:10 PM   Jeff: Hi, you’ve reached Jeff, how may I help you?

2:11 PM   Me: Hi Jeff. For the past few months I've been getting a charge on my bill for Ringtone $5 Subscription+$1 Download Fee. I have an iPhone.. I can't use ringtones from the website. How do I remove this?

2:12 PM   Jeff: All you have to do is text the word "OFF" to 555. You will get a link to turn off the ringbacks.

2:12 PM   Me: It's not for ringbacks, it's for ringtones.

2:12 PM   Jeff: Sorry about that. Let me pull up your account.

2:14 PM   Jeff: Please allow me 3 minutes to review your account. While I am looking into this matter for you, is there anything else I can support you with?

2:14 PM   Me: No, just this. Thank you.

2:20 PM   Jeff: Thanks for holding. I am still investigating the account. I will be a few more minutes. Thanks.

2:20 PM   Me: ok

2:22 PM   Jeff: Here are the steps I found:

2:22 PM   Jeff: Cancel Ringtones Subscription (Customer): 

From device: 

Select Internet icon from main menu. 

Select My Account. 

Select Manage Subscriptions. 

Select My Subscriptions. 

Select 2 Ringtones for $5. 

Select Unsubscribe. 

Confirmation page appears, select Unsubscribe again.

2:23 PM   Me: When I go to the My Account App on my iPhone, and click manage subsciptions, the 2                 ringtones for $5 does not show up for me to be able to remove it.

2:24 PM   Me: I cannot access my account from the internet icon on my smartphone, as it takes me to the actual website instead of the mobile website.

2:26 PM   Jeff: Okay let me get you to our wireless technical team to assist you further.

2:26 PM   Jeff: I apologize, you have reached Customer Care Live Chat for customer service and website inquires. For assistance with this Technical issue, kindly contact the Wireless Technical Support Team. Agents are available 24/7.

2:26 PM  Jeff has sent a link.

2:26 PM   Jeff: Follow the link above.

2:26 PM   Jeff: Any other questions?

2:27 PM   Me: I dont understand how removing a feature from my account is a technical issue, as it's something you are able to do, but I'll give them a try. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

2:30 PM Sean: Hello and thank you for choosing Mobile Live Chat TECHNICAL support.  My name is Sean.           How may I assist you with your TECHNICAL issue today?

2:30 PM Me: For the past few months I've been getting a charge on my bill for Ringtone $5 Subscription+$1 DL Fee. I have an iPhone.. I can't use ringtones from the website. I was just speaking with Jeff in billing, and he told me it was a technical issue and gave me the link to speak with you.

2:31 PM Sean: Alright, I do apologize but Jeff should not have transferred you to us.  Any billing issue must be resolved by our Billing account, if you do not view that charge as valid, it should be removed.  I will note your account as such.

2:31 PM Me: Thank you, I appreciate it.

2:33 PM Sean: Actually, do you have the ability to browse on your device?

2:33 PM Me: Yes I do.

2:33 PM Sean: Are you able to browse (link for mobile site) on it?

2:34 PM Me: I can try. Give me a moment.

2:34 PM Me: It seems to be working

2:34 PM Sean: Great, do you see my account?

2:35 PM Me: Yes

2:35 PM Sean: Click or tap it please. 

2:35 PM Me: Okay.

2:35 PM Sean: Then Manage subscriptions

2:35 PM Me: Okay.

2:36 PM Sean: Thank you.  One moment please. 

2:36 PM Me: The only subscription that shows up is my MY10.. The 2 ringtones for $5 shows up under "add subscription"

2:37 PM Sean: Do you see My Subscriptions?

2:37 PM Me: yes

2:37 PM Sean: Click / tap it please. 

2:37 PM Me: I cant.

2:38 PM Me: Its just a header. the only option underneath to click on is MY10

2:38 PM Sean: You cannot click the 2 ringtones for 5$ ?

2:39 PM Me: I can, but its under "add subscriptions", not "manage subscriptions"

2:39 PM Me: Would you still like me to click it?

2:39 PM Sean: Alright, If that is the case, it must be manually removed by our Wireless Customer Care as it not present on your profile. 

2:40 PM Me: Okay.

2:41 PM Sean: You can use 1-888 number or LINK to speak to them

2:42 PM Me: Alright. Thank you for your help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:46 PM   Holly: Hi, you’ve reached Holly, how may I help you?

2:48 PM   Me: Hi Holly. For the past few months I've been getting a charge on my bill for Ringtone $5  Subscription+$1 DL Fee.. I have an iPhone.. I can't use ringtones from the website. I was  speaking with Jeff, who told me this was a technical issue. Then I was speaking with Sean in the  tech department, who told me it must be manually removed by Wireless Customer Care as it not  present on my profile.

2:48 PM   Holly: I am sorry to hear. I can certainly look into this for you

2:50 PM   Holly: Please allow me 3 minutes to review your account. While I am looking into this matter for  you, is there anything else I can support you with?

2:51 PM   Me: No, this is all today. Thank you.

2:54 PM   Holly: Text "Ringbacks" to 555.

2:54 PM   Holly: Click link received in text message to access Ringbacks store. 

Click Get Membership. 

Select Unsubscribe and follow the steps.

2:55 PM   Holly: This feature is not something that we can remove

2:55 PM   Holly: I do apologize

2:55 PM   Holly: following the steps above will however unsubscribe you

2:56 PM   Me: Its not the ringbacks i'm concerned about. It's the ringtone subscription on my account.

2:56 PM   Holly: yes I understand

2:57 PM   Holly: this will unsubscribe you

2:57 PM   Holly: if you wanted them off you would text off to 5555

2:57 PM   Holly: 555*

2:57 PM   Me: 555 is to remove ring backs, not ringtones. I've done this already and it did nothing.

2:58 PM   Holly: Text "Ringbacks" to 555. 

Click link received in text message to access Ringbacks store.

Click Get Membership. 

Select Unsubscribe and follow the steps.

2:59 PM   Holly: I assure you this will cancel your subscription

2:59 PM   Holly: Was there anything else for today?

3:00 PM   Me: I've done this already, which is why I am arguing with you.. because nothing happened.  Anyway, no thank you. I'm done with this for today as I am getting nowhere.

I decided to give it one more try & call in to Customer Service. Systems were down in the area I called. Grrr!! Another month with this stupid charge on my phone. It's so frustrating! Then they wonder why customers are leaving companies..

( Oh, and the difference between ringbacks and ringtones is Ringbacks play songs for someone who is calling you; kind of like hold music. Ringtones, of course, are what YOU hear when someone is calling you.)  

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The.Hug.Life
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM

OMG, the runaround. I'd get a bit testy, too.

robyann
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Sounds like you need to switch companies. I use TMobile, if I've ever had an issue I use their live chat and it is always resolved in that one chat session. 

That would be so so frustrating! I'd be tempted to say some out of line things, lol. I'd cancel service and show them these chat sessions as your reason why.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I hate calling places and shit like this. I hope you can figure it out. Try threatening to cancel service. Sometimes it helps :/
Ravishing_dame
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Why I will never buy a smartphone LoL sorry for all the frustration =P

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I used to work for Tmobile :) I can't switch to them unfortunately. I'm in Canada.

Quoting robyann:

Sounds like you need to switch companies. I use TMobile, if I've ever had an issue I use their live chat and it is always resolved in that one chat session. 

That would be so so frustrating! I'd be tempted to say some out of line things, lol. I'd cancel service and show them these chat sessions as your reason why.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I've tried it all. :( you literally have to go through 20 bad reps before you get a decent one who knows what they're doing. Once my contract is up, I'm done.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate calling places and shit like this. I hope you can figure it out. Try threatening to cancel service. Sometimes it helps :/
MooBaaLaLaLa80
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Rogers?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I just hate it when you know what you're talking about and the customer service rep has no clue. I used to work for our local cable company and still have service with them. I have had a couple problems over the years where I've had to call in and talk to them. The reps must have been new because I could tell them exactly what was wrong and they seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.

I hope you get it figured out :)

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM

when something  similar showed up on our bill, it turned out to be something my son had clicked on on facebook, when you put your phone number it it enrolled you in a subscription service.  if you didn't catch it the first month, the next month you had the original $5 subscription, plus another $20.  I had to call the individual providers and have them cancel the charges; in one case they would not so I had to contact my cell provider again and they did a courtesy credit since I had attempted to have it done myself.

I don't know if it's the same in Canada, but it might be something to look into if your bill is wonky and c/s can't figure it out.

ninjakids
by Christina on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Speaking as someone who worked rogers tech support (assuming you are rogers by the ringbacks) that is the correct steps to remove a subscription.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN