Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

am i wrong?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

my ds has his friend over that is a girl. i will not let them play in his room where i can not see them. the last time there were both on his top bunk together and i find it inappropriate.  they are 8 years old. i dont mind them playing outside or in the playroom where i can see them. my ds is not happy with me.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Replies (21-29):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I think you're right. Even if he hadn't been abused i wouldn't let them
lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM
That is so sad.

Quoting AthenaGrace:

You are not wrong at all. Dh and I both had sexual experiences that young and most of the kids I knew did as well. It's never too early to supervise that. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrystalPystol
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:00 PM

No you are not wrong.

LadyF86
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:02 PM

you are the parent. You do what feels right to you.

aikimomof3
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Your house, your rules. If you do not want them playing together in his room, then so be it. You are the parent and get to make the decisions.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:05 PM
If it was a normal case I wouldn't mind. Even teenagers I wouldn't mind. In this case I may make exception.
JulieBoyd
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:08 PM

You arent wrong...even had that not happened they do not need to be in his room, and sorry your son had to go through that. That mustve been tough! :(

ashybaby87
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM
I agree. You never know when something could bring up his past experience and turn things around. You're doing the right thing watching then based off what happened to him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately some sick-o has taken his innocence, you son has been exposed to things he never should have (not your fault). What you're doing is the right thing, protecting him and that little girl is a GOOD thing. He can have friends, but he can also deal with constant supervision. 

delilahsmom1177
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I think you are doing the right thing. I remember when my brother was about the same age I went too the neighbors where he was suppossed to be playing with the little girl that was his age. No he was in bed with her 14 year old sister. I told my mom and he was NEVER allowed there again!

I'm a tattooed,bisexual,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)