Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ADHD and Grabbing a Sweatshirt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I was in the living room, and it was cold. So, I went into my bedroom to grab a sweatshirt. I realized I left the TV on in there, so before grabbing a sweatshirt, I walked over to shut it off. There were some plastic bags on the floor next to the dresser, so before I shut the TV off, I grabbed them to take into the kitchen.

I noticed one bag had some lunch snacks in it still, so before I took care of the bags, I took the snacks out to put in the "lunch drawer" of the dresser (we keep lunch making snacks in the bedroom so the kids don't eat them all in a day). I realized that over the course of the past couple of weeks, the lunch drawer was completely unorganized, and I had not bagged items up recently, so before putting stuff away, I took everything out of the drawer.

We organize snacks into 3 bins- 1 is 'dessert' type snacks- cookies, fruit snacks, etc. The other 2 are more healthy options like applesauce, fruit cups, pretzals, etc.

Once I had it all out, I tossed out the empty packaging from boxes of snacks, and started to re-sort all the snacks, and then spent 20 minutes bagging up apple straws, pretzals, and an open bag of chocolate animal crackers.

Then, I came back out and sat down. Without shutting the damn TV off, or grabbing a sweatshirt. I did, however, have my oldest take out all the bags and the packaging trash when she brought me new snack baggies.

And this is why I can't get anything done at all during the day. Every single task turns into 15.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
I.heart.my.kids
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM

this is my life !!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I hear you.  We should start a club.

beeky
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Yep, that sounds about right.

cinnamonkiti
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Are there surveillance cameras in my house?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Drives me nuts! I never get anything done around the house, even if I make myself a list. If I pick up the living room, I have to take care of items as I find them. That leads me to a new area, or a new room, which draws my attention towards something else I "can just grab real quick while I'm right here".

BONKERS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured