Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're pregnant, not handicapped!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
3 moms liked this
Why do people say this? Ok, yes I know you cant compare being pregnant to being handicapped but the idea that pregnancy shouldnt slow you down or you shouldnt complain during it kind of bugs me. I know there are women who have great pregnancies with no morning, or in my case all day, sickness. Women who dont have any kind of pain up until labor, or dont feel like they havent slept in 3 yrs because they are so tired. And I know not all pregnancies are the same. I was one of the lucky ones with my first pregnancy, but this time around I feel awful. Like I should litterally be able to file for disability and stay home puking my brains out all day.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tsoto09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I felt the same way....I puked day n night until around 20 weeks or so....it was not a fin time!!! Hugs to you!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Pregnancy knocked me on my ass. Last time I was so sore 8 weeks in I could barely walk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

i hear ya!! i had a perfect pregnancy with my first. With my second it was hell. During those last few mos at work i was on my feet alot. Thats the job so i had to do it. i didnt complain at all. My boss and co-workers could see it though. They took very good care of me. im blessed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM
3 moms liked this

I think it's because some women milk it. Just like everything else a few bad apples spoils the bunch.

Josie_P
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Some women just do too much. I had a relatively easy pregnancy with dd. A co worker was pregnant at the same time and made sure to tell me every single ache and pain she had. It's annoying.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM

It's def slowing me down.

thefiregoddess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Yes you can. Pregnancy is a life handicap lol.

At one point law makers looked into giving pregnant women past 5 months (earlier in certain cases) temporary  handicap parking privilges.

If i cant tie my shoes, I'm handicapped.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Idk. My back killed me during pregnancy so much that I used the motorized shopping scooters when I went to Walmart.

I was told to let people who need them use them
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:59 PM
My 2nd pregnancy was a lot more difficult than my first too but I know people who had it a lot worse than I did. Once I got zofran and prilosec I was at least able to somewhat function. Although ms lasted pretty much the whole pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lylleve
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM
I have said that when a pregnant women refuses to clean, cook, or even play with her kids. I have a friend that was like that while pregnant. She used it as an excuse to do nothing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)