Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gparents-how far is too far?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 125 Replies
Most grandparents spoil the grand kids. Okay that's all good and well, but how far is too far when it comes to the kids?
My parents are constantly going behind my back and doing things.
1)I don't feed my kids red meat. Personal choice.
EVERY time they visit nana and poppa? They have cheeseburgers ... Then I am the one dealing with upset tummies for 3 days when they come home.
2)my youngest is 3 mo. I am choosing not to feed him baby food until 6 months. I went to pick the kids up the other day, opened the fridge to get a water, and there in front of me were 5 jars opened baby food all different types... They didn't even follow the guidelines of one frut or veg at a time. So if he came home and had a severe allergic reaction? I wouldn't have known why.
3) I will sen the kids in one outfit, then see pics of them from that day, in a completely different outfit. That's just weird to me?
4) thy have re named all my kids. My sons "nickname" sounds completely like a girls name and he hates it. They refuse to call him by his name.
5) my mother has decided it would be 'cool' if my kids called HER mom too! Uhm WTF seriously...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't be letting them visit. Holy hell.

BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Food is a big deal IMO.. Especially things like meat. I would not be okay with sending my kids over there unsupervised if they are feeding them things that their stomachs are not used to or giving my 3 month old baby foods when I havent even done it myself yet.

I would also not be okay with calling grandma "mom". Noooo.

The other things are not worth getting upset over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I was wondering I I was being "that nitpicky mom" or if my feelings were valid... Thank you! Lol I'm NOT crazy!

Quoting ColleenF30:

I wouldn't be letting them visit. Holy hell.

aikimomof3
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Ummm, your parents are seriously delusional and disrespectful to your wants... and if it were me, I would not let them be with them unsupervised anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Wow that is too far for me. That's way past my boundaries. I would be very upset.  I would gently have a talk with her about how you feel before it goes any further into habit.

lylleve
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:18 PM
All of that is too far.
anotherhalf
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:18 PM

IMO they have succeeded in going too far.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM

If that were me, they'd only see my children at my home supervised by me for short periods of time. That would continue for a LONG time until I could absolutely trust that they'd follow and respect all of my parenting guidelines.

raschwittay
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:20 PM

That is way out of line. All of it!! I would send them an email or talk to them personally about your wishes and if they don't follow your rules, YOUR THE MOTHER, then you will cease the visits. 

poeticrose09
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I'd be setting limits or they wouldnt be going over there. Mine in laws are pushing it wanting me to not breast feed. My grandma doesnt want to call my son by his name but by his middle name instead becuase she hates the name Virgil. I'm sorry their grandparents are so over bearing like that though 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)