Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gparents-how far is too far?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Most grandparents spoil the grand kids. Okay that's all good and well, but how far is too far when it comes to the kids?
My parents are constantly going behind my back and doing things.
1)I don't feed my kids red meat. Personal choice.
EVERY time they visit nana and poppa? They have cheeseburgers ... Then I am the one dealing with upset tummies for 3 days when they come home.
2)my youngest is 3 mo. I am choosing not to feed him baby food until 6 months. I went to pick the kids up the other day, opened the fridge to get a water, and there in front of me were 5 jars opened baby food all different types... They didn't even follow the guidelines of one frut or veg at a time. So if he came home and had a severe allergic reaction? I wouldn't have known why.
3) I will sen the kids in one outfit, then see pics of them from that day, in a completely different outfit. That's just weird to me?
4) thy have re named all my kids. My sons "nickname" sounds completely like a girls name and he hates it. They refuse to call him by his name.
5) my mother has decided it would be 'cool' if my kids called HER mom too! Uhm WTF seriously...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (101-110):
zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM

That's not spoiling them, that's just being completely disrespectful! My in-laws and parents spoil my kids, but they wouldn't do anything that I didn't approve of. I would suggest not letting them go over there until they agree to respect your wishes. 

becc41
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:50 PM

1)  NO.  Can't freakin happen.  Turkey burgers exist if "burgers" are so damn important.  

2)  NO.  Also can't freakin happen.... would stop sending kids until dietary restrictions are respected. 

3)  eh, whatever.

4)  Annoying, not a deal breaker.

5)  NO, absolutely not.  I reminded my MIL after she kept up with that crap for a while that if she wanted that title she could take her happy ass to court and try to get it, we could share custody and she could pay child support.  If that was too much work for her, she could stick with the grandmother title.  That worked just fine.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I smell a troll, lol!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:53 PM
The only thing I wouldn't have an issue with changing their clothes. My mom does that. At first I was thinking "what I put them in is good enough" but I realized she's just
Nuts and that's fine. I'd flip over everything else. I wet nuts on people trying to feed my babies early.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM

what is it with "trolls" and accusing people of that so much on this site? I understand there really are troll post but seriously, it kind of upsets me when I post and I am looking for other moms thoughts and advice people call me a troll. seesh.

if you REALLY think I am a "troll" then just click out of my post.

thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

I smell a troll, lol!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM

LOL "shes just nuts and thats fine"

sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Anonymous:

The only thing I wouldn't have an issue with changing their clothes. My mom does that. At first I was thinking "what I put them in is good enough" but I realized she's just
Nuts and that's fine. I'd flip over everything else. I wet nuts on people trying to feed my babies early.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM

i agree with pp.

troll

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:08 PM

my mom enables my 7 year old son, constantly..........pisses me off to no flipping end.

her favorite lines are, "he's 7, that's what they do"

"he's 7, that's what they say"

"7 year olds do that, he'll grow out of it"

and my son will get in trouble for lying to me and she'll butt her nose where it doesn't belong and say, "he's going to turn neurotic because of you."

that's just the tip of the icing.

i don't have that kind of time to list EVERYthing she says.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM

OMG im so sorry to hear this....

I dont think your hurting him by disciplining him for lying...

Quoting vinalex0581:

my mom enables my 7 year old son, constantly..........pisses me off to no flipping end.

her favorite lines are, "he's 7, that's what they do"

"he's 7, that's what they say"

"7 year olds do that, he'll grow out of it"

and my son will get in trouble for lying to me and she'll butt her nose where it doesn't belong and say, "he's going to turn neurotic because of you."

that's just the tip of the icing.

i don't have that kind of time to list EVERYthing she says.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:33 PM

everyone hates you :)

Quoting Anonymous:

i agree with pp.

troll

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN