Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gparents-how far is too far?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Most grandparents spoil the grand kids. Okay that's all good and well, but how far is too far when it comes to the kids?
My parents are constantly going behind my back and doing things.
1)I don't feed my kids red meat. Personal choice.
EVERY time they visit nana and poppa? They have cheeseburgers ... Then I am the one dealing with upset tummies for 3 days when they come home.
2)my youngest is 3 mo. I am choosing not to feed him baby food until 6 months. I went to pick the kids up the other day, opened the fridge to get a water, and there in front of me were 5 jars opened baby food all different types... They didn't even follow the guidelines of one frut or veg at a time. So if he came home and had a severe allergic reaction? I wouldn't have known why.
3) I will sen the kids in one outfit, then see pics of them from that day, in a completely different outfit. That's just weird to me?
4) thy have re named all my kids. My sons "nickname" sounds completely like a girls name and he hates it. They refuse to call him by his name.
5) my mother has decided it would be 'cool' if my kids called HER mom too! Uhm WTF seriously...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I'm getig fed up with it but every time I try to talk to them about it IM the bad guy and "they know best" ugh
I think I do need to do supervised visits from now on. I'm not sure if it will help much with all of it but hopefully most...

Quoting aikimomof3:

Ummm, your parents are seriously delusional and disrespectful to your wants... and if it were me, I would not let them be with them unsupervised anymore.

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Your kids, your rules. They don't follow them they don't see them without you being around. Tell them they can come to your house to see the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emmakins84
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Why is it grandparents think they can do what they want? I said no soda for my two year old, and they do it behind my back. I let my son when he's doing something bad, there goes my mom babying him and getting mad at me. Stand your ground. Take away visitation, if possible. You're the parent, not them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM

um. no. Time to put your foot down. That's too far.

starfire59
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Wow! I'm a grandmother 9 times over and your parents have way over stepped. Tell them the rules and let them know if they can't abide by them they'll only see the grands under your supervision. Good Luck!!!

ChristieV
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I would never leave my 3 month old with anyone. That's just too young. As for all of the other things they did - no way. Put a stop to it now or don't leave them with the grandparents again.

melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM

The only one that I do not see a problem with is changing the kids clothes lol My mom use to do that all the time.  Her and my grandma would go shopping and buy my daughter all these little princess looking clothes and would change her as soon as I got there so they got to see her in whatever they bought.  The rest of that would really piss me off though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Food is a huge deal to me too. I try to feed my kids healthy good and al that jazz. They do have snacks and stuff. But I'm weird about meats. And they completely disregard my feelings on it. They told me I'm a "nazi" mom for not letting them have McDonald's every other day and I'm a horrible mom for not feeding my 3mo old baby food already!
IMO they had their chance to raise their kids how they thought was best but these are my kids and its my choice now until they can choose for themselves.

Quoting BEXi:

Food is a big deal IMO.. Especially things like meat. I would not be okay with sending my kids over there unsupervised if they are feeding them things that their stomachs are not used to or giving my 3 month old baby foods when I havent even done it myself yet.

I would also not be okay with calling grandma "mom". Noooo.

The other things are not worth getting upset over.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM

this.  this is the only way my mother has ever seen my two younger children, and I don't see that ever changing.   

Quoting Anonymous:

If that were me, they'd only see my children at my home supervised by me for short periods of time. That would continue for a LONG time until I could absolutely trust that they'd follow and respect all of my parenting guidelines.

Byrd15
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM

#1 is NOT spoiling... That's being rude to your family's health choices... My mom and dad are now gluten free, that's like me making something with a shit ton of flour and not telling them. Its like poisoning them! :( SO SAD! RUDE!

Ohhh HELL no with the baby food... With all of this, my kids would NOT be going back to them until they agree to abide by my rules for my kids... Damn you people put with with a ton of sh*t....

And I thought my mom was bad for calling me about not liking the name we chose for our daughter... Now I wanna go give her a hug! Lol 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)