Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gparents-how far is too far?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Most grandparents spoil the grand kids. Okay that's all good and well, but how far is too far when it comes to the kids?
My parents are constantly going behind my back and doing things.
1)I don't feed my kids red meat. Personal choice.
EVERY time they visit nana and poppa? They have cheeseburgers ... Then I am the one dealing with upset tummies for 3 days when they come home.
2)my youngest is 3 mo. I am choosing not to feed him baby food until 6 months. I went to pick the kids up the other day, opened the fridge to get a water, and there in front of me were 5 jars opened baby food all different types... They didn't even follow the guidelines of one frut or veg at a time. So if he came home and had a severe allergic reaction? I wouldn't have known why.
3) I will sen the kids in one outfit, then see pics of them from that day, in a completely different outfit. That's just weird to me?
4) thy have re named all my kids. My sons "nickname" sounds completely like a girls name and he hates it. They refuse to call him by his name.
5) my mother has decided it would be 'cool' if my kids called HER mom too! Uhm WTF seriously...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (121-125):
KCayea
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:28 AM

my exh grandmother doesnt like the name we gave our daughter just decided she was going to call her Nicole instead and said so. i said then you wont be calling her anything! this woman also told my 7yo that she wasnt as cute as her little sister anymore. my ex sil blew up at her own grandmother and threw her out of her house at thanksgiving! i love my sil.. now my ex hub mother always loved to dress them upo and change there clothes and do silly things. that never botherd me. food would have been a big issue. I would just tell them if you can not follow my rules you will not see them unsupervised i am MOM!!

MamaMoopsie
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Oh yeah, I've talked to him, my mother has talked to him. It's just the way he is. He gets so frustrated now when my 3 year old will avoid him. It seriously hurts his feelings. Don't get me wrong, he's a big softie and spoils them all so bad. Over last summer he built a play house in front of his house for all the grandkids. It took almost a month and a half to build and was torture on the kids to watch and not be able to play in it until he was done, but then when he finished it he threw a "Playhouse Party" with invitations and everything. So he's not a terrible grandfather...he just does these things that bug me! lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do men do that? I've seen that done many many times. My bd did that. And he would get mad when he went to pick up one of the kids and they were squirming for their dear life.
I'm so sorry I hear your situation. That's really not cool. Have you talked to him about it??

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

For me, #1, #2, #4, and #5 would really bother me and it would be enough that I wouldn't be letting them spend time with my kids unsupervised. The clothes thing isn't a big deal.

I have to constantly get after my father because he eggs my kids on. If they're throwing a fit and I'm reprimanding he'll say things like "You don't have to listen to her," or he'll pick on them until they're in tears and wonder why they don't want to cuddle him or play with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM

AWHA thats so sweet!!!! Thas a really cool playhouse!!

Adorable :)

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

Oh yeah, I've talked to him, my mother has talked to him. It's just the way he is. He gets so frustrated now when my 3 year old will avoid him. It seriously hurts his feelings. Don't get me wrong, he's a big softie and spoils them all so bad. Over last summer he built a play house in front of his house for all the grandkids. It took almost a month and a half to build and was torture on the kids to watch and not be able to play in it until he was done, but then when he finished it he threw a "Playhouse Party" with invitations and everything. So he's not a terrible grandfather...he just does these things that bug me! lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do men do that? I've seen that done many many times. My bd did that. And he would get mad when he went to pick up one of the kids and they were squirming for their dear life.
I'm so sorry I hear your situation. That's really not cool. Have you talked to him about it??

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

For me, #1, #2, #4, and #5 would really bother me and it would be enough that I wouldn't be letting them spend time with my kids unsupervised. The clothes thing isn't a big deal.

I have to constantly get after my father because he eggs my kids on. If they're throwing a fit and I'm reprimanding he'll say things like "You don't have to listen to her," or he'll pick on them until they're in tears and wonder why they don't want to cuddle him or play with him.

MamaMoopsie
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM

It's even cooler inside, it has a little triangle table and bench seats around the table, a play kitchen, and a second floor with an enclosed balcony. My parents stocked it with little play cooking sets and so many toys. The siding on the outside actually matches the siding on my parents house. He carpeted the upstairs with that durable indoor/outdoor carpet and put linoleum in the downstairs. The kids absolutely love it! My dad is now trying to figure out how to safely put a heating system in it so the kids can play in it when it's cold outside. lol

So I guess even though my dad can be obnoxious and picks on the kids he's still a really awesome grandpa.

Quoting Anonymous:

AWHA thats so sweet!!!! Thas a really cool playhouse!!

Adorable :)

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MamaMoopsie:

gamelas
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:37 PM

too far, and i wouldn't leave them w my kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)