Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gparents-how far is too far?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Most grandparents spoil the grand kids. Okay that's all good and well, but how far is too far when it comes to the kids?
My parents are constantly going behind my back and doing things.
1)I don't feed my kids red meat. Personal choice.
EVERY time they visit nana and poppa? They have cheeseburgers ... Then I am the one dealing with upset tummies for 3 days when they come home.
2)my youngest is 3 mo. I am choosing not to feed him baby food until 6 months. I went to pick the kids up the other day, opened the fridge to get a water, and there in front of me were 5 jars opened baby food all different types... They didn't even follow the guidelines of one frut or veg at a time. So if he came home and had a severe allergic reaction? I wouldn't have known why.
3) I will sen the kids in one outfit, then see pics of them from that day, in a completely different outfit. That's just weird to me?
4) thy have re named all my kids. My sons "nickname" sounds completely like a girls name and he hates it. They refuse to call him by his name.
5) my mother has decided it would be 'cool' if my kids called HER mom too! Uhm WTF seriously...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I'm a single mom and have to work to provide, no other option. But if I had the option to stay at home and be with him I would.

Quoting ChristieV:

I would never leave my 3 month old with anyone. That's just too young. As for all of the other things they did - no way. Put a stop to it now or don't leave them with the grandparents again.

cmabbott
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM

My MIL pulls this shit.  We don't deal with her unless we absolutely have to ....  you know weddings, funerals, birthdays...  She got pissed both times I got pregnant, and tried to intervene between DH and I because I had a child from my previous marriage.  With DS she disowned DH and then called DS "the baby" for the first two years of his life.  When we told her I was pregnant with DD2, she slapped my DH across the face.  Now she wants to play Mommy.  She can take her psychopathic ass back home!  She is grandma and needs to learn her role!

NowImAMom...
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Quoting aikimomof3:

Ummm, your parents are seriously delusional and disrespectful to your wants... and if it were me, I would not let them be with them unsupervised anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I don't give my kids soda either. And my mom does the same thing about babying.. Sheesh.
My mom is on this diet that has proton shakes and vitamins in it and other things im not sure what they are an she gave one to my two yr old! I was really upset .... Because I don't know what those things are in it.
I hope things work out with your mom too! I know it's frustrating

Quoting Emmakins84:

Why is it grandparents think they can do what they want? I said no soda for my two year old, and they do it behind my back. I let my son when he's doing something bad, there goes my mom babying him and getting mad at me. Stand your ground. Take away visitation, if possible. You're the parent, not them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
OMG! What a bitch! I'm so sorry!
Yeah I'm not going through it that bad :/ I hope things get better for you momma.
The fact that its mil makes it worse because of your relationship with her.

Quoting cmabbott:

My MIL pulls this shit.  We don't deal with her unless we absolutely have to ....  you know weddings, funerals, birthdays...  She got pissed both times I got pregnant, and tried to intervene between DH and I because I had a child from my previous marriage.  With DS she disowned DH and then called DS "the baby" for the first two years of his life.  When we told her I was pregnant with DD2, she slapped my DH across the face.  Now she wants to play Mommy.  She can take her psychopathic ass back home!  She is grandma and needs to learn her role!

alf2651
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

All of that seems to be going too far. 

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM

They are WAY over stepping their boudaries. I would have a serious chat with them and not let them have my kids if they couldn't follow my rules.

amyrebecca1853
by Amy on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I would be flipping out if I were you. They've definitely gone too far!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChristieV
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Oh. I thought you meant just after a day out or something. Is there an affordable daycare nearby? If they have the kids every day and they are that attached they will undoubtedly start to take control. Unfortunately. Sorry.

Definitely have them read about the negative affects of feeding a baby solids under six months, if they are at all open to discussion.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a single mom and have to work to provide, no other option. But if I had the option to stay at home and be with him I would.

Quoting ChristieV:

I would never leave my 3 month old with anyone. That's just too young. As for all of the other things they did - no way. Put a stop to it now or don't leave them with the grandparents again.

luckythreemom
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
You need to put an end to that! My mom let my gparents do this and things got really ugly with the baby of our family about 8 yrs ago. Now none of them speak at all ever. My gma tried to do it with my son too. I put the smack down right away, she is just now a normal gma. Thank God.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)