Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Section8 and hud housing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We are trying to get section 8. We had the interview yesterday. We were told what we needed for the adults and the kids who will be living in the home. Ok I dont have a CO for either of my kids. He said we needed to get one for both kids. Then said my dd school records would also wok but my ds is 3 and not in school so we wont get the decution for him. I need to find out if we are being jercked around because my ds has no father listed on his bc but I still have to get a CO for him to prove I have legal custody of him. Who else would have it? If his father was awarded custody he would be listed on the bc right. What is my next step? I also cant afford court right now.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM

I think HUD is more state run than section8. Section8 can be a house and its more like renting. You have to look for houses for rent and ask the owner if they take section8. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't know there was a difference.  It's an apartment complex not a house if that matters.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think HUD and Section8 are different so there are a few different rules. Like FS and WIC both are for food but work differently

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in PA and moved into hud housing when my kids were 1 1/2.  Their father is not on the BC and doesn't pay CS and I was never asked for records or a CO  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Well which are you applying for?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think HUD is more state run than section8. Section8 can be a house and its more like renting. You have to look for houses for rent and ask the owner if they take section8. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't know there was a difference.  It's an apartment complex not a house if that matters.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think HUD and Section8 are different so there are a few different rules. Like FS and WIC both are for food but work differently

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in PA and moved into hud housing when my kids were 1 1/2.  Their father is not on the BC and doesn't pay CS and I was never asked for records or a CO  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM

LOL ok. 

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I was talking about the one you were replying to...she obviously knows everything about everyone's lives...

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you mean? Im not in this sitiution. I wasnt raped but it has been known to happen was all I was saying.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Some ppl know EVERYTHING....

Quoting Anonymous:

If this was me I would be worried about my rapist getting parenteral rights.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

And if a rape was the case. You have a child from it. Press charges. ( But you didn't) Get the rapist DNA. By the child and press charges. 

Please. To much technology. 

And if it was a rape, you think you were his first.

Please, you have the best evidence in a rape case.

So don't blow that shit up my ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM

section8

Quoting Anonymous:

Well which are you applying for?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:47 AM
If you catch he in another post you'll see. I've been on this site for quite awhile now and she is ALWAYS rude and negative.

You could post "look at my beautiful baby" and she would be the one person to say how ugly your kid is.

She is trash and knows it.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

I was talking about the one you were replying to...she obviously knows everything about everyone's lives...

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you mean? Im not in this sitiution. I wasnt raped but it has been known to happen was all I was saying.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

And if a rape was the case. You have a child from it. Press charges. ( But you didn't) Get the rapist DNA. By the child and press charges. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont let the CM bullies bother me.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you catch he in another post you'll see. I've been on this site for quite awhile now and she is ALWAYS rude and negative.

You could post "look at my beautiful baby" and she would be the one person to say how ugly your kid is.

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I'm sorry I got so angry. She doesn't know me and to say what she did is all kinds of wrong.

Once again, sorry :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont let the CM bullies bother me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BelleVernonGirl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM

idk but i hope everything works out for you and you family

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Me too. and thanks.

Quoting Diamondblue1:

idk but i hope everything works out for you and you family

BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Actually she is making some very valid points. And it is true, in New Mexico, you can't get, at least, cash assistance without listing the father. And the reason for that is, it is believed that if the guy was paying out child support, then that person wouldn't need assistance. Also the state will go after the guy for the welfare benefits paid out. This may be the case here for the housing. OP has no choicd but to present the requested information if she wants help.

Quoting ambitious_MOM:

Aaahhh bc you can't get blood from a rock and if her bf doesn't have an income she can't get cs so maybe she needs little help till she gets on her feet......damn back off she asked for advice not to be lectured judged and belittled by a nobody your not God so how dare you judge her and her situation......smh sheesh

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Ummm, Why should the tax payers of America be responsibile to pay a mom (you) and your child when it took 2 people to concieve that child. And why are you the only one on the birth certificate and where is the father? He is more responsibile to be paying for this child then the tax payers. They didn't create a child and not pay for the child.

And why are you not going after the father for child support and if you don't know who the father is. Then you need to start doing DNA test.

The message this state is sending to people that are on the system is this.

If you are going to have babies and don't know who the father is who you made them with. Then that becomes a personal problem that you need to support all on your own. I have to agree with that.

Here in NM you can't get Cash assistance or Food stamps unless you put down who the father of the absent father is. If you don't know then they will start doing DNA for the men who you listed you slept with.

Quoting Anonymous:

It really is. I know for daycare assistance the father has to be paying cs and they will not give it to you if you dont provide them with a name and get a dna test. but I dont get why if Im the only parent listed on the bc why do I have to prove I have custody?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I don't have any idea about section 8 or hud. But it sounds like a big mess.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)