Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Section8 and hud housing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We are trying to get section 8. We had the interview yesterday. We were told what we needed for the adults and the kids who will be living in the home. Ok I dont have a CO for either of my kids. He said we needed to get one for both kids. Then said my dd school records would also wok but my ds is 3 and not in school so we wont get the decution for him. I need to find out if we are being jercked around because my ds has no father listed on his bc but I still have to get a CO for him to prove I have legal custody of him. Who else would have it? If his father was awarded custody he would be listed on the bc right. What is my next step? I also cant afford court right now.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (71-72):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't know there was a difference.  It's an apartment complex not a house if that matters.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think HUD and Section8 are different so there are a few different rules. Like FS and WIC both are for food but work differently

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm in PA and moved into hud housing when my kids were 1 1/2.  Their father is not on the BC and doesn't pay CS and I was never asked for records or a CO  

Not sure if anyone commented on this yet, dont feel like reading through the arguments by the one poster. Anyway since its an apartment complex then you would need to go through section 8 Hud is more for a house. Section 8 can be for both but Ive seen more people with section 8 in apartments.

amberstars
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:02 AM

BUMP because I don't know.  But what if the woman was raped or escaped an abusive relationship and is applying for section 8/HUD?  What sane woman would put her rapist or abusive ex on the baby's birth certificate if she finds out she is pregnant after a rape (assuming she knows the guy) or escaped her abusive ex when that could put her and the baby's life in danger? 

Dragon, wife to Eagle.  Sister-wife to Swan and Rainbow.  Author, astronomer, world traveler, gamer, & reader.  Muslim revert.  In an inter-racial and cross-cultural marriage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)