Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Section8 and hud housing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

We are trying to get section 8. We had the interview yesterday. We were told what we needed for the adults and the kids who will be living in the home. Ok I dont have a CO for either of my kids. He said we needed to get one for both kids. Then said my dd school records would also wok but my ds is 3 and not in school so we wont get the decution for him. I need to find out if we are being jercked around because my ds has no father listed on his bc but I still have to get a CO for him to prove I have legal custody of him. Who else would have it? If his father was awarded custody he would be listed on the bc right. What is my next step? I also cant afford court right now.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I don't have any idea about section 8 or hud. But it sounds like a big mess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM

It really is. I know for daycare assistance the father has to be paying cs and they will not give it to you if you dont provide them with a name and get a dna test. but I dont get why if Im the only parent listed on the bc why do I have to prove I have custody?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

bigmessylife
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I worked in section 8 and they are not jerking you around. You have to prove custody or at least go file for custody and show that your case is pending.

Edit, and yes, school records work because they show you as the custodial parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I know they are not jerking us around, it just feels like it. 

Quoting bigmessylife:

I worked in section 8 and they are not jerking you around. You have to prove custody or at least go file for custody and show that your case is pending.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Wouldn't be worth it to me. What happens if you really didn't know who the father was or God forbid, he was fathered by some violent rapist?
Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:41 PM
4 moms liked this

Ummm, Why should the tax payers of America be responsibile to pay a mom (you) and your child when it took 2 people to concieve that child. And why are you the only one on the birth certificate and where is the father? He is more responsibile to be paying for this child then the tax payers. They didn't create a child and not pay for the child.

And why are you not going after the father for child support and if you don't know who the father is. Then you need to start doing DNA test.

The message this state is sending to people that are on the system is this.

If you are going to have babies and don't know who the father is who you made them with. Then that becomes a personal problem that you need to support all on your own. I have to agree with that.

Here in NM you can't get Cash assistance or Food stamps unless you put down who the father of the absent father is. If you don't know then they will start doing DNA for the men who you listed you slept with.

Quoting Anonymous:

It really is. I know for daycare assistance the father has to be paying cs and they will not give it to you if you dont provide them with a name and get a dna test. but I dont get why if Im the only parent listed on the bc why do I have to prove I have custody?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Well where is the father? Also you will have to go to court and get an order. It cost me $750.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I'm not sure how that works. Can you use something like medical records, or your Medicaid stuff? Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM

do you have their shot records? 

ambitious_MOM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Aaahhh bc you can't get blood from a rock and if her bf doesn't have an income she can't get cs so maybe she needs little help till she gets on her feet......damn back off she asked for advice not to be lectured judged and belittled by a nobody your not God so how dare you judge her and her situation......smh sheesh

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Ummm, Why should the tax payers of America be responsibile to pay a mom (you) and your child when it took 2 people to concieve that child. And why are you the only one on the birth certificate and where is the father? He is more responsibile to be paying for this child then the tax payers. They didn't create a child and not pay for the child.

And why are you not going after the father for child support and if you don't know who the father is. Then you need to start doing DNA test.

The message this state is sending to people that are on the system is this.

If you are going to have babies and don't know who the father is who you made them with. Then that becomes a personal problem that you need to support all on your own. I have to agree with that.

Here in NM you can't get Cash assistance or Food stamps unless you put down who the father of the absent father is. If you don't know then they will start doing DNA for the men who you listed you slept with.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN