Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Section8 and hud housing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We are trying to get section 8. We had the interview yesterday. We were told what we needed for the adults and the kids who will be living in the home. Ok I dont have a CO for either of my kids. He said we needed to get one for both kids. Then said my dd school records would also wok but my ds is 3 and not in school so we wont get the decution for him. I need to find out if we are being jercked around because my ds has no father listed on his bc but I still have to get a CO for him to prove I have legal custody of him. Who else would have it? If his father was awarded custody he would be listed on the bc right. What is my next step? I also cant afford court right now.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (51-60):
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:03 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL she's probably getting ready to make her 4th appearance on Maury with two more guys.

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Ummm, Why should the tax payers of America be responsibile to pay a mom (you) and your child when it took 2 people to concieve that child. And why are you the only one on the birth certificate and where is the father? He is more responsibile to be paying for this child then the tax payers. They didn't create a child and not pay for the child.

And why are you not going after the father for child support and if you don't know who the father is. Then you need to start doing DNA test.

The message this state is sending to people that are on the system is this.

If you are going to have babies and don't know who the father is who you made them with. Then that becomes a personal problem that you need to support all on your own. I have to agree with that.

Here in NM you can't get Cash assistance or Food stamps unless you put down who the father of the absent father is. If you don't know then they will start doing DNA for the men who you listed you slept with.

Quoting Anonymous:

It really is. I know for daycare assistance the father has to be paying cs and they will not give it to you if you dont provide them with a name and get a dna test. but I dont get why if Im the only parent listed on the bc why do I have to prove I have custody?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I don't have any idea about section 8 or hud. But it sounds like a big mess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I agree!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Ah but that is how it is set up. And I don't get no money from my ex husband for my 2 sons but when something says list him. HE GETS LISTED. It doesn't matter if he can't pay. What matters is he is listed and they can go after him.

She is crying how the system is set up. DON'T LIKE IT, STAY OFF OF IT.

The sense of entitlement as " AS IF, WHO ARE THEY TO ASK WHO FATHERED THIS BABY. THE TAX PAYERS SHOULD JUST PAY!

Bottom line, before you make a baby with someone at least know their NAME!

And just because she is the only one the BC doesn't give her custody.

Do you honestly think she is the first bitch who went in , gave birth and refused to put her one nighter done on a certificate?

Not a chance.

Quoting ambitious_MOM:

Aaahhh bc you can't get blood from a rock and if her bf doesn't have an income she can't get cs so maybe she needs little help till she gets on her feet......damn back off she asked for advice not to be lectured judged and belittled by a nobody your not God so how dare you judge her and her situation......smh sheesh

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Ummm, Why should the tax payers of America be responsibile to pay a mom (you) and your child when it took 2 people to concieve that child. And why are you the only one on the birth certificate and where is the father? He is more responsibile to be paying for this child then the tax payers. They didn't create a child and not pay for the child.

And why are you not going after the father for child support and if you don't know who the father is. Then you need to start doing DNA test.

The message this state is sending to people that are on the system is this.

If you are going to have babies and don't know who the father is who you made them with. Then that becomes a personal problem that you need to support all on your own. I have to agree with that.

Here in NM you can't get Cash assistance or Food stamps unless you put down who the father of the absent father is. If you don't know then they will start doing DNA for the men who you listed you slept with.

Quoting Anonymous:

It really is. I know for daycare assistance the father has to be paying cs and they will not give it to you if you dont provide them with a name and get a dna test. but I dont get why if Im the only parent listed on the bc why do I have to prove I have custody?

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

I don't have any idea about section 8 or hud. But it sounds like a big mess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Thats what was kinda confusing me. If there was a father on the bc I can see needing a CO because mom could be using the child or even have kidnapped him/her from the CP. If a father has custody he has to be on the BC so If there is no father on the bc he cant have custody, my name is on it proving im the mother so why am i burning money that I dont have to get a piece of paper saying what SHOULD be obvious?

Quoting hunnybunny2001:

I worked for the housing authority in my county for 3 yrs I have never heard of anyone asking for a court order.. do you get welfare for the kids?? That is proof enough that you have custody of them.. I know that they will ask you to go to your local child support office and get a print out of you getting support.. If you do not get support you will have to have them write a note saying so.. IDK what state you are in but you really need to talk to your workers boss.. this sounds ass backwards to me..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:05 AM
The op was not the one that was raped. it was someone replying. op im on section 8 and i never needed a co. but when i applied i was still with my childs father.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

I saw you mention something about a DA. Could he not write you a letter saying that the father is unknown due to the rape?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:06 AM

That was another anon in the thread.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

I saw you mention something about a DA. Could he not write you a letter saying that the father is unknown due to the rape?

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I use mobile and the old one so it doesn't say if it's OP or not, just anon.
My bad.
Quoting Anonymous:

The op was not the one that was raped. it was someone replying. op im on section 8 and i never needed a co. but when i applied i was still with my childs father.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hunnybunny2001
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Like I said hun I have never ever ever ever heard of a worker asking for a court order.. you need to go back down the the housing authority tomorrow and talk with him again.. are you getting welfare for your kids? That should be enough proof.. If your worker is still insisting on a CO then ask to talk to his supervisor. explain to him/her your situation.  There has to be something that you misunderstood.. That's what I am thinking.. this sounds just crazy to me. You will have to sign a paper saying under perjury of law that you are truthful Idk hun.. this sounds all messed up what state are you in? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thats what was kinda confusing me. If there was a father on the bc I can see needing a CO because mom could be using the child or even have kidnapped him/her from the CP. If a father has custody he has to be on the BC so If there is no father on the bc he cant have custody, my name is on it proving im the mother so why am i burning money that I dont have to get a piece of paper saying what SHOULD be obvious?

Quoting hunnybunny2001:

I worked for the housing authority in my county for 3 yrs I have never heard of anyone asking for a court order.. do you get welfare for the kids?? That is proof enough that you have custody of them.. I know that they will ask you to go to your local child support office and get a print out of you getting support.. If you do not get support you will have to have them write a note saying so.. IDK what state you are in but you really need to talk to your workers boss.. this sounds ass backwards to me..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Im in oklahoma and I get FS and medical now for them. They also said the only other thing they would accept was school records. Thats fine for my dd but my ds is only3 and not in school yet. By the time I go to court tho he will be.

Quoting hunnybunny2001:

Like I said hun I have never ever ever ever heard of a worker asking for a court order.. you need to go back down the the housing authority tomorrow and talk with him again.. are you getting welfare for your kids? That should be enough proof.. If your worker is still insisting on a CO then ask to talk to his supervisor. explain to him/her your situation.  There has to be something that you misunderstood.. That's what I am thinking.. this sounds just crazy to me. You will have to sign a paper saying under perjury of law that you are truthful Idk hun.. this sounds all messed up what state are you in? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hunnybunny2001:

hunnybunny2001
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:19 AM

PLUS you having to get a court order before you get aide will be well over your 60 days to find a place.. they only give you 60 days to find a place. If you do not find a place in 60 day you lose your sec 8 and have to reapply . For you to get a CO and a judgment within 60 day is a ridiculous request.. 

Quoting hunnybunny2001:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hunnybunny2001:

DieselsMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:20 AM

pay your own bills and you wont have that problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)