Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Section8 and hud housing

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We are trying to get section 8. We had the interview yesterday. We were told what we needed for the adults and the kids who will be living in the home. Ok I dont have a CO for either of my kids. He said we needed to get one for both kids. Then said my dd school records would also wok but my ds is 3 and not in school so we wont get the decution for him. I need to find out if we are being jercked around because my ds has no father listed on his bc but I still have to get a CO for him to prove I have legal custody of him. Who else would have it? If his father was awarded custody he would be listed on the bc right. What is my next step? I also cant afford court right now.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:22 AM

That is soooo helpful. Life happens and we dont have a choice right now. As soon as we can believe me we will be.

Quoting DieselsMom:

pay your own bills and you wont have that problem.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Yes, I agree.  I am on sec. 8 and never had to provide a court order or any proof, just social security cards for my kids.  I may have had to provide birth certificates, but I don't recall for sure. 

Quoting hunnybunny2001:

I worked for the housing authority in my county for 3 yrs I have never heard of anyone asking for a court order.. do you get welfare for the kids?? That is proof enough that you have custody of them.. I know that they will ask you to go to your local child support office and get a print out of you getting support.. If you do not get support you will have to have them write a note saying so.. IDK what state you are in but you really need to talk to your workers boss.. this sounds ass backwards to me..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:26 AM

See i had everyone's ss and BC but he told me I had to prove i had custody. I said without a co i had physical custody and he told me i only have "possession" not custody and i needed to get a co to get the rental deduction for ds.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I agree.  I am on sec. 8 and never had to provide a court order or any proof, just social security cards for my kids.  I may have had to provide birth certificates, but I don't recall for sure. 

Quoting hunnybunny2001:

I worked for the housing authority in my county for 3 yrs I have never heard of anyone asking for a court order.. do you get welfare for the kids?? That is proof enough that you have custody of them.. I know that they will ask you to go to your local child support office and get a print out of you getting support.. If you do not get support you will have to have them write a note saying so.. IDK what state you are in but you really need to talk to your workers boss.. this sounds ass backwards to me..

hunnybunny2001
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I am positive that you did.. you also have to show proof of income if any.. you have to have had a back ground check to see if you are a sexual offender. but never a CO.. that's absurd 

Quoting hunnybunny2001:

DieselsMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:27 AM

You actually DO have a choice....everyone always has choices....go to a shelter...ge a damn job, stop having kids with men you don't know....lots of choices!! None of which, are tax payer responsibility!!! your boyfriend must be a real winner letting someone else support his family!

Quoting Anonymous:

That is soooo helpful. Life happens and we dont have a choice right now. As soon as we can believe me we will be.

Quoting DieselsMom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Quoting DieselsMom:

You actually DO have a choice....everyone always has choices....go to a shelterNot safe with a 9yo dd. sex offenders also go there...ge a damn job,I had 1 and got laid off. stop having kids with men you don't know I knew him  but he flipped script and dissappeared while i was having ds. I came home and he had his stuff cleared out.....lots of choices!! None of which, are tax payer responsibility!!! your boyfriend must be a real winner letting someone else support his family! df is disabled from a car accident so he cant work. this was our last resort.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DieselsMom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:37 AM
No clue
hunnybunny2001
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM
1 mom liked this

you do not have to explain yourself to anyone.. They will bash you no matter what you say.. They are out to hurt you.. ignore them its not worth your time or energy to talk back to some of the mean hateful moms on here.. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DieselsMom:

You actually DO have a choice....everyone always has choices....go to a shelterNot safe with a 9yo dd. sex offenders also go there...ge a damn job,I had 1 and got laid off. stop having kids with men you don't know I knew him  but he flipped script and dissappeared while i was having ds. I came home and he had his stuff cleared out.....lots of choices!! None of which, are tax payer responsibility!!! your boyfriend must be a real winner letting someone else support his family! df is disabled from a car accident so he cant work. this was our last resort.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DieselsMom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:57 AM
I wish section 8/HUD was accepting or approving applications in NYS. We're In a shelter now and it's gross. We both work decent laying jobs but the cost of living in NYC is so high!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:39 AM

When you go to a shelter, their first question is "have you applied for HUD/sec. 8/low income housing?" and if not, they will help (and usually require) that you do so.  How do you know that she didn't "know'' her boyfriend? You know, it is possibe for him to have been a great guy then suddenly turn around and be a jerk.  Sec. 8 is a program that will continue to receive funding regardless of your opinion or thoughts.  Most people on sec. 8 work, in fact most people on all PA work.  Sec. 8 (in some areas) has programs to help you become self-sufficient.  Also, she could work her butt off to provide and still not have enough to support herself; this can be true even if she has a college education (some graduates end up having to work minimum wage jobs for various reasons).   It's nowhere near as as simple as you think it is.  I'm quite sure she realizes she needs help; it's why she's applying.  

Quoting DieselsMom:

You actually DO have a choice....everyone always has choices....go to a shelter...ge a damn job, stop having kids with men you don't know....lots of choices!! None of which, are tax payer responsibility!!! your boyfriend must be a real winner letting someone else support his family!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DieselsMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN