Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Horrible Living Arrangements

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies
So, me and my SO have been together over 7 years.

5 weeks ago, his mother and her boyfriend moved in with us, from out of state. I love MIL, her bf - well, not so much.

I'm really starting to get aggravated at the living situation. We only have a 2 bedroom.. When his mother moved in, the girls had to move in our room and they toys had to go to the laundry room, with every single one of their boxes, that are still not unpacked.

The problem lies with the fact, I'm 7 months pregnant.. When the baby gets here I will have three kids in my room..

I'm starting to feel very, very cramped.

His mother has health problems, she is on oxygen and also has dialysis 3 days a week.. They have no vehicle, so right now I'm their ride every where, until she gets her insurance transferred and can take the local bus.. It's 20 miles there, 20 miles back. SO works minimum wage and we can't keep us with gas. I clean 2-3 houses a week, averaging $300-$500 a week, and it still doesn't make ends meet.

Moving is out of the question, I'm not moving.. I need to know what to do to make myself not go insane while she's waiting on insurance to get transferred. Then she's getting in a low incone housing that she can afford on SSI.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM

How long will it take?

sthflachk
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Stay out of the house...a lot...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2theA-team
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:49 PM

You are a better person than I am. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I have no idea.. But 5 weeks later, I'm losing it...

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

How long will it take?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I try to... trust me! Or I stay in my room.. ;/ I literally rarely leave my room when I'm home..

Quoting sthflachk:

Stay out of the house...a lot...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM
I like to think what I'm doing will make me have good karma or something in the future.. but in the present, I'm going insane..

Quoting mom2theA-team:

You are a better person than I am. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Why in the world would you have another baby with the only income being SOs min wage.? I know that you clean houses but with a new baby, is that really going to continue? Anyway, everyone deserves a helping hand but they are adults and have to pull their weight. That is crazy to have 4 of you in a bedroom. No way!!! They would have to go in 6 months or less. Good luck to you guys!
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Let her boyfriend support her.  Give them a thirty day or quit notice.  That basically gives them 30 days to find a place and get out.  It is not your job to support your MIL and her BF.... five people in one room is insane... I would talk to your DH and tell him to put his foot down and that the BF needs to get his shit together and get a place for them.... even if it is renting a room in someone's home.... it is only going to get worse. If you are renting... especially an apt, you could be kicked out for having six soon to be seven in one two bedroom place....

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Isn't there a shuttle she can take to dialysis?  Why not ask if transportation is available.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Why did you even allow this? Your house is NOT big enough for all of you. You are insane.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)