Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My child stole...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Candy from his teachers desk, I am so embarrassed. We made him write 200 sentences, and he has been doing chores all night. I am so  upset, what made him think this was okay. I feel like a horrible mother, who has failed her children.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM
I'm assuming he got caught? Don't beat yourself up. I think all kids go through this at some point. Now he knows for sure that this is wrong and there will be consequences.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Bump

piratehooker
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Yes because it's all about you.

Sometimes kids are just little shits for no reason.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thismomkixazz
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:04 PM

If you haven't already, make sure he apologizes to his teacher in person and replaces what he took. He's just a kid who is testing boundaries. You're not a horrible mother and there's no need for you to be embarrased- HE should be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Yes, he was caught and got a school ticket (his first). This is something I never saw coming, time for some quality time with him to figure why he did this and how we can stop this behavior.

BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM

My 10 year old stole a roll of raffle tickets from church.

My Mum is the preist, she had him do a public apology to the church program that was using them, and had him clean up some rooms in the church for community service.

When we asked him why, he had no clue why he did it. None at all. He said he just wanted them. Sometimes kids do that stuff, even if they are awesome kids. It happens. You just have to make sure that it doesn't keep happening.

RazzleMySpazz
by spaztastic on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM

your kids are allowed to screw up a few times before you are considered a failure!!! :) 

deep breath! stick with the punishment, some kids just push and rebel a little more than others, it's how you handle it that matters and it sounds like you're on top of it, so well done to you! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM

This was just so out of character for him, I just feel like I failed him somehow. I know kids can do things like this, it just breaks my heart that he did it.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM

how old is he? Maybe he didnt think he was stealing because the teacher has given him that candy before and thought it was okay to have it?

JTE11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Don't take this the wrong way but this actually made me smile. I was the goody-goody child growing up, always listened, was a real pleaser, always wanted to do the right thing. But in first grade I stole a WHOLE bunch of chalk from the chalkboard tray. My mum put it in a sandwich bag with a note saying I had taken it, it was wrong, and that I would accept punishment from the teacher (I was getting another punishment at home). I was so embarassed about that because at the time I didn't see it as stealing. It was "just chalk" and it seemed she had so much of it she'd never miss it. And she let us draw on the chalkboard at recess so I thought it was kind of ours anyway. Don't beat yourself up. Kids are a work in progress. If they were always doing the right thing they wouldn't need us to teach them. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN