Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

about to flip the F_(% OUT Lets play a game!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I get into work.  On Wed 3rd shift gets paid early because well we cant do anything with it until the next day (payday) anyway.  I open it up expecting it to be 460 ish(just a guess based on hours) and this f'er is 416!  I look at the hours...65  I look at our schedule from last week and I KNOW how long I suffered here and that was 9 days. 

Lets play a game, who knows what 9 x 8 equals?

Yes class 72.  Sure as shit not 65!  Thats over $50 that Im missing that I needed for bills.  Im pissed.  I had wrote a note to my boss.  Crumpled it up and wrote a nicer one.  It was still bitchy so I just copied my check and stub and the schedule from the last two weeks and said.  " I was shorted hours on my check.  I know I worked 9 days and Im missing 7 hours of pay. Please call me!"    Thats about as nice as I could get.  AAAAAHHHHHHHH.  Sorry, just really pissed.  I told my son that we could go out this weekend and I dont think its going to be happening.

Has this happened to you before?  I feel like that damn JG Wentworth comercial, Its MY money and I NEED it NOW!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jupiter5
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:50 PM
This has happened to me. More than once, I quit because my boss didn't care and was unprofessional
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:53 PM

This has happened to me before. I'm still waiting on my money too and this happened over 6 months ago! I'm no longer working there anymore because they kept on shorting my checks and didn't want to give me the money that I had already worked for.

horseap
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Quoting jupiter5:

This has happened to me. More than once, I quit because my boss didn't care and was unprofessional

I am looking for another job.  I have been holding off because we had someone quit and we hired a new guy.  Now one of the girls is due any day and will be leaving for maternity leave.  I was going to wait until she had the baby and came back... But I just cant take this anymore.  The people here are lazy and leave tasks for someone else to pick up.  Nothing changes no matter how many complaints.  But I just cant do it.  As of tonight whatever offer I get I will take.  If I can give a 2 week notice then so be it but if the new job wants me asap then Im gone.

Mommie2Kailen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:00 AM

It happened to my husabdn a time or two, he gets paid weekly so it was fixed pretty quick but it did piss me off a bit

horseap
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Quoting Mommie2Kailen:

It happened to my husabdn a time or two, he gets paid weekly so it was fixed pretty quick but it did piss me off a bit

we get paid every other week :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:11 AM
I threatened to push an investigation on payroll fraud if my old employer ever fucked with my hours again.
horseap
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I threatened to push an investigation on payroll fraud if my old employer ever fucked with my hours again.

Im seriously at my wits end with this place. :(  I work my ass off here and miss so much time with my kids.  I didnt get to come back to work here until July of 2012 from when I took maternity leave in July of 2011. BECAUSE... the head housekeeper didnt like me and was hiring other people instead of letting me come back from leave.  She told all the other housekeepers and my (now) boss that she didnt like me and would NEVER bring me back!  I told the manager I wanted a letter saying when I was fired and why so I could take it to a lawyer.  I was on maternity leave and she couldnt do that to me.  2 days later she offered me this job at front desk.  I should have just sued the shit out of this place. 

How do I know this is the first time thats this has happened?  What if its just been small amounts for a while and I never paid close enough attention.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I had clock in and clock out receipts so I kept track of my hours. What they were doing to me was taking an hour off of my time each day, I caught on when I demanded a print out and when the hours are change they show up as bold font. I was livid.

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Im seriously at my wits end with this place. :(  I work my ass off here and miss so much time with my kids.  I didnt get to come back to work here until July of 2012 from when I took maternity leave in July of 2011. BECAUSE... the head housekeeper didnt like me and was hiring other people instead of letting me come back from leave.  She told all the other housekeepers and my (now) boss that she didnt like me and would NEVER bring me back!  I told the manager I wanted a letter saying when I was fired and why so I could take it to a lawyer.  I was on maternity leave and she couldnt do that to me.  2 days later she offered me this job at front desk.  I should have just sued the shit out of this place. 

How do I know this is the first time thats this has happened?  What if its just been small amounts for a while and I never paid close enough attention.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)