Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Co-sleeping? Why do moms judge me?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why is it that mothers have such strong opinions against my babies snuggling at night? 

My husbands military while he was oversees this has alleviated a lot of stress for my BABIES and me. Not JUST me (and) 

although I could say that.

or I could say it's been happening since day 1. With ds2 I voted against it, but he ended up in bed with us at 6mon and hasn't left.

its convienent, I bf so it's easy, even my grandma who has 6 kids was strongly against it, (for her own benefit lol) but her last two she bf, and she recently told me, "oh yeah. They definitely came in bed with me, that was the best part about night feedings, they were easy!" 

Than I have my grandmother in law, who has made crude remarks to me from the beginning.  

So why all the negative feed? What's your stance? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:15 AM

My spell check wouldn't let me type it with a E so I was already all over it mama, and GOOGLED it hahaha :) thank you though!

Quoting Anonymous:

I normally wouldn't do this, but since we're already correcting it's alleviate.

Quoting marihla:

eleviated, not elevated lol. The first time I read that I couldn't understand why you would do something that elevates your babies' stress.

Anywho, women judge anything with legs. I wish it weren't that way. We should let each other be parents and do the best we can.

abigailsmommy11
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I loved co sleeping! We did it for as long as it benefitted our family and then we stopped. I plan to get an actual co sleeper for my 2nd, mostly because it will help alleviate some of the back pain I had the first time =]

smalltownmom03
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM
My grandpa and his first wife had a baby. One night she rolled over on it and killed it. She went crazy after that and had to be put in a mental institution. So not only did my grandpa lose his child he also lost his wife. He was in his fifties before he had anymore kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I co-spelt with my 2nd. Let them be a judgemental ass. Do what's best for your family.

GwenGray
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

LisaSmock
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I cosleep sometimes
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

My pedi is cool with it! :) surprisingly 

Quoting svolkov:

But those are almost always drugged or unsafe bedsharing issues. Drs should explan howbto cosleep safely inste ad of saying "no just dont do it!" .its like teaching abstinence only sex ed .

Quoting Anonymous:

I think its because of all of the sad tragic stories we've heard of babies cosleepins. Like suffocation, falling of the bed etc

LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I have no idea. I have coslept with all three of my children, and will with my fourth. My kids have naturally moved from my bed to their own beds, with no issues. Its also never been an issue in my marriage- my DH works nights. So, for me, its been great. I suppose, like many things, certain parenting styles or techniques work well for others and some don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

sorry I love that picture I just posted... and thought this was a good time to use it lol Anyways I co slept with both my kids, my youngest does not co sleep with me anymore, he's almost 11 months old now. 

yayasdaughter
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
My parents coslept with me til I was 5. I had issues sleeping alone or sleeping at a friends house for a long time, so I don't encourage it. Id like my daughter to be independent. Although, I do love snuggling her at night once in a while.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)