Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Co-sleeping? Why do moms judge me?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why is it that mothers have such strong opinions against my babies snuggling at night? 

My husbands military while he was oversees this has alleviated a lot of stress for my BABIES and me. Not JUST me (and) 

although I could say that.

or I could say it's been happening since day 1. With ds2 I voted against it, but he ended up in bed with us at 6mon and hasn't left.

its convienent, I bf so it's easy, even my grandma who has 6 kids was strongly against it, (for her own benefit lol) but her last two she bf, and she recently told me, "oh yeah. They definitely came in bed with me, that was the best part about night feedings, they were easy!" 

Than I have my grandmother in law, who has made crude remarks to me from the beginning.  

So why all the negative feed? What's your stance? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (391-392):
lancet98
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:38 PM

There are two possible sources for the 'negative feed'.

One is that some people think it 'spoils' the child.  

Other people think it is a bad idea because of the risk of rolling over on the baby and suffocating or crushing it.

MaggieO
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM

What is consdered "normal" as far as sleeping arrangements is culturally based.  In other countries, it is not seen as weird for the kids to sleep with their parents.  You are the mom and know what works best with your kids and your family.  A lot of people co-sleep and their kids do just fine when they are older.  I say enjoy it because the day that they don't want to snuggle comes too soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN